cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Tribute Dynasty - A Great Affordable Phone

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG Tribute Dynasty - A Great Affordable Phone

sp200-1-4-2018-4.jpg

The LG Tribute Dynasty is comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM expandable to 32GB with MicroSD. Runs Android 7.1.2 Nougat and has a 1.5 Ghz Octacore MT6750 Processor from MediaTek. It is loaded with a 8MP Rear and 5MP front camera.  The device is set to run on a 2x20 carrier aggregation with LTE Category 6 enabling fast data transfers: up to 300Mbps downlink & up to 50Mbps uplink.  Sprint current cost as of this article is at full price $145.00 or $25 down and $5.00 for 18 monthly payments (upgrade after only 12 months)*

*Introducing Sprint Deals: Affordable smartphones with low down payment and low monthly price. Plus, return your phone and get FREE annual upgrade after 12 consecutive, on-time payments. Just $5/mo. after $25 down payment with Sprint Flex 18-mo. lease. $5/mo/line annual upgrade fee waived on Sprint Flex.

This is considered a mid tier device based on its specs though I consider it more of a entry level. The processor is the key to this level of consideration. The Octacore is made up of 2 separate quad-cores each with 4 Cortex-A53 core processors. 4 high-performance cores clocked at up to 1.5 GHz plus 4 low-power cores clocked at up to 1 GHz. Most of the time, the lower-powered set of cores will be employed. When advanced tasks are needed, however, the faster set of four cores will kick in. This design was built for energy efficiency and not necessarily for high performance.  

why-mediatek-mt6750_171019_135624.jpg

As with all my phones I run a series of benchmark tests to determine the phone's ability to handle its processor and memory available. I like to know where my phone stands in comparison to other devices. I have tested the device using 4 different performance management software each yielded some great results. When I run my tests I do this first before setting up any other application or service. I have minimal services running in the foreground or background so as to not skew my results. I utilized PCMark for Android, 3DMark, Geekbench 4, and Antutu Benchmark when analyzing the Processors abilities.

Geekbench 4

This performance test again measures the GPU's ability and the CPU processing power. Geekbench 4 scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 4000 (which is the score of an Intel Core i7-6600U). Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance. The LG Tribute Dynasty handled itself quite well with a single-core score of 598 and Multi-core of 2230. The processor is showing signs to be able to Midlevel usage with some graphic intense games. In comparison closest match would be based on the Galaxy S5.  Processed a CPU benchmark test yielded a result of 1609. The Galaxy S6 only handled a score of 1963.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-11-22-27.png

PCMARK for Android

Utilizing the work 2.0 performance test the application ran its myriad of tests checking processing, picture manipulating, and editing ability of documents, navigating interweb and data manipulation. Along with this test I evaluated the Computer Vision option which aims to focus on the devices performance with image recognition tasks. Finally, the Storage test which checks for the devices ability to handle fast smooth stutter-free performance when accessing storage content.  Work 2.0 performance yielded a score of 3206, Computer vision came in at 1633, and the Storage component was 3437. All these scores are in line with mid rang devices. The LG G6 had a score of 5303, 2973, and 4194 in comparison results. 

Screenshot_2018-01-23-12-22-04.pngScreenshot_2018-01-23-12-33-21.pngScreenshot_2018-01-23-13-49-04.png 

3DMark 

With 3DMark I was unable to run the intensive Sling Shot Extreme which utilizes the OpenGL ES 3.1. Graphic tests are based on a 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. I had to resort to the standard Sling Shot evaluation test. The Sling Shot is based on the OpenGL ES 3.0 benchmark. Graphic tests are based on 1920 x 1080 which the LG Tribute Dynasty has as a screen resolution. The benchmark tests the full range of API features including multiple render targets, instanced rendering, uniform buffers and transform feedback. The test also includes volumetric lighting, depth of field and bloom post-processing effects. It Is the light version of the graphic intensive tests.  The LG had a low score of 434 and ranked 16 percent better than all other devices.  I decided to also run the same test but utilize the Ice Storm and Ice Storm Extreme which uses the OpenGL ES 2.0 version made for low cost smartphones and tablets on Android, IOS, and Windows. The program runs 2 types of graphic tests measuring both the GPU performance and lots of vertices. It then measures the GPU performance along with pixel processing. Finally it test the overall CPU with its standard physics tests. The LG Tribute Dynasty score was 5400 on Ice Storm and 8416 on Ice Storm Unlimited. Ranking at 34% and 18% better than other devices. For Comparison the LG G6 Held a Sling Shot score of 2850 and an Ice Storm Unlimited score of 27,499. 

Screenshot_2018-01-23-14-21-37.pngScreenshot_2018-01-23-14-21-48.png           Screenshot_2018-01-23-14-48-38.pngScreenshot_2018-01-23-14-48-46.png

Screenshot_2018-01-24-11-45-50.pngScreenshot_2018-01-24-11-45-56.png

Antutu Benchmark & 3D Rating

This Benchmark application measures multiple layers of evaluation from memory performance, CPU integer Performance, and 2D 3D graphics Performance. The overall results of this test yielded a score of 39226. This score came back with the device handling a 3D game performance at mid-level mode.  CPU processor also confirmed to support mid tier level use for the average user.

Screenshot_2018-01-24-11-59-09.png

The LG Tribute Dynasty is great device for a entry-level user not wanting to have high gaming needs but a phone for regular daily use. With the MT6750 Processor from MediaTek users can will be very pleased with the tablets abilities for navigate web and application use.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

Thank you for sharing the great research!