cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Tribute Dynasty - Do you need your Basics covered? Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG 2 sided.pngLG Tribute Dynasty

Here are the basics on this device:

• 5.0" HD Display (1080p)
  • 8MP Rear facing & 5MP Front facing cameras
  • 1.5GHZ Mediatek Octa-Core Processor
  • 16GB ROM Memory (8.76GB usable), SDHC Support (up to 32GB)
  • 2,500mAh removable battery
  • Runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
  • Size: 5.7" H x 2.82" Wx 0.32" D
  • Weighs 4.94 oz

As previously stated this device is light weight and a very usable device.  Great device for students who don't want to break the bank but would like a Smartphone.  You can currently get this device for $0/mo from Sprint with a Sprint Flex Lease.  You will have an option to buy it at 18 months for about $30.  Very economical and covers the basics I believe most people use with a smartphone device.

My favorite feature stems from the fact that I really enjoy movies.  And with Sprint, you can get Hulu for free.  So my daughter and I tested out the streaming quality for this device and picked some kids shows to watch on, what for it, Hulu. (name drop)  The video quality was excellent.  And I was very surprised by the variety of shows and movies available with the service.  And while I didn't expect movie theater sound quality, it was very clear and easy to listen to.  

After we finished testing it out I noticed an app that was pre-loaded on the device.  Some of you may already use the app, but if not check it out.  It is the Smart News App.  If you are like me you try to keep your ear to the grindstone so that you are aware of what is going on, then you probably have 20 news apps downloaded and in a file on your smartphone.  If your not like me in that regard then this app will not help you. 

Here are a few tidbits I pulled from the apps page in the android market place.

• The app has been downloaded by 25 million readers in more than 100 countries.
  • The app analyzes millions of articles every day to deliver the top trending news stories influencing the world right now.
  • They get their news from a variety of news publishers.
    • NBC, MSNBC, USA Today, TIME, The Huffington Post, Bleacher Report, Quartz, The Verge, VICE, VOX, AP, Reuters, Buzzfeed, Fast Company and more.

But here is the reason I really liked it.  Depending on where you are traveling, for instance, in the mountains, and your connection isn't the best and wifi isn't available.  This app gives you the option to download the stories without all the pictures that require decent data speeds to download.  So you can still get your news fast.  Every time you press a link to an article you can choose the "Smart" version and it will just download the text.  And even better, it excludes all the advertisements as well.  

This app is also great because you can customize the type of news you want it to focus on like sports or BIZ.  So if your interested go check out in the Apps Store.

Thank you for Reading.  See you next time.