cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Tribute Dynasty - Snap that Picture

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG Tribute Dynasty - Snap that Picture 

The LG Tribute Dynasty phone is loaded with a rear camera which includes a 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front cameral. For the focus of this review I will mainly be looking at the rear camera.

First I took some pictures to see how the macro worked on this camera and the definition of up close images came out. To me the quality was not bad on the 8MP camera. Resolution came out pretty good along with nice detail being seen. Some distortion is noticed but clear detail is still present. Look how you can see the individual fibers coming off the balls of yarn.

20180218_102827_HDR.jpg20180218_102951_HDR.jpg 

Here are some day time shots to show the color index and crisp details captured.

20180218_110007_HDR.jpg20180218_110038_HDR.jpg20180218_110112_HDR.jpg

The Camera is equipped with an 4X digital optical zoom. Here is what the zoom feature looks like when being used.

20180218_111422_HDR.jpgNo Zoom20180218_131456_HDR.jpg2x Zoom20180218_131515_HDR.jpg4x Zoom

Finally I tried to dive into capture more utilizing a Multi-Purpose Target Box including a resolution measurement chart for the first time. I am no expert but just wanted to give some photographic detail utilizing both the monochromatic ability and standard RGB capture. Per this output I can see the picture is depicting the 8MP camera very well as the detail starts to get lost when zooming in. 

20180218_102707_HDR.jpg

With the resolution guide the picture does begin to get lost starting around the 10 indicator on Graphic C. This is great since the camera is only 8MP. When I shot this, the camera was mounted on a stable tripod and utilized the 10 sec timer. Though I have to be honest the resolution guide was a print out and not the original.  On the print out you can clearly make out the lines all the way through to the 10 indicator. Graphic D shows the viewing on the vertical and angled captures. You can see on the more detail close up in Graphic D the lines start to blend more around the 10 indicator. Typically you should this occur around the 8 indicator. So this camera appears to be able to depict better quality images than advised.  

20180218_104636_HDR.jpgGraphic C20180218_104301_HDR.jpgGraphic D

The LG Tribute Dynasty camera holds up pretty well to the quality the camera was to provide. Though I am not a professional photographer I am trying to show how the camera takes shots in various different scenes. The resolution guide and Multi-Purpose Target Box were my way to further extend the camera testing to a more rigid exam. The output yielded did give me promising results and were on par with what I expect a 8MP camera to show. Though it was nice to see better than expected results on this type of device. 

Check out some of my other blogs on the LG Tribute Dynasty:

LG-Tribute-Dynasty-A-Great-Affordable-Phone

LG-Tribute-Dynasty-Gaming-Perks

LG-Tribute-Dynasty-In-An-Emergency-Help-First-Responders

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

-AmishTech