cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30...A Guy can Daydream

Sprint Product Ambassador

google-daydream.pngEarly buyers got a free Daydream.

If you were a early buyer of the LG V30 + you are probably just opening a package this month with your free Google Daydream.  Current buyers of the V30+ get some awesome rebates instead so should you spend some of that cash to get a Daydream if you didn't get one free?  YES..Yes you should.  

The Google Daydream is a VR headset that uses your cell phone as its screen.  Only a handful of phones support Google Daydream including the S8, S8+, Note 8, Moto Z, Google's Pixel Phones and the V30.  That's some powerful hardware if you are keeping track.  The headset uses a installed app (Found Here) in conjunction with the phones NFC and accelerometers to do a great job of simulating Virtual Reality.

Daydream.PNGA screenshot from inside Daydream. (Courtesy Google Play Store)

Controller.jpgControl is in your hands!Control in VR is actually pretty easy with the included Bluetooth remote.  Simple to use with a touchpad at the top that lets you click and swipe.  It also lets you recenter your view should you get too carried away in VR.  It only took me moments to pair the remote and get started.  

So far I have played quite a few games watched some movies and Youtube in 360 degrees and also watched video in Imax 3D.  The LG V30 handles all of this with no problems and no slowdowns.  In fact it works better and smoother than the other headsets I have tried from some other companies. 

Free!!

With the promotion in addition to a free headset you also got a content pack of some great games.  The content pack includes Eclipse: Edge of Light; Lola and the Giant; Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes; Wands; and Along Together.  Some of these stand head and shoulders above the rest.  

Keep Talking.PNGIt's the Bomb! (Courtesy Google Play)Don't Explode!

With a current rating of 4.9 on the Google Play Store, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is an amazing party game.  designed to have one person with the headset on and other bomb "Experts" in the room talking them through defusing a bomb this game offers hours of fun as people takle turns as bomb defuser and "expert".  I personally have spent hours playing this with friends and it has become a go to party game.

Final Thoughts

I did not recieve the Daydream free from LG with my LG v30 + so I am glad I decided to go out and seek one out.  There are some great experiences to be had in VR and the V30+ handles all of them with speed and power to spare.  If you did not get one free you can purchase a Daydream headset from your local Best Buy or directly from Google.  

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

Great Review!