cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ - Christmas time's a comin' and you know you want those perfect pics.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Why not take advantage of the holiday and invest in a really amazing phone. This week I want to let you in on more details about the camera. - Absolutely Amazing! Well that about sums it up.

--------------------------------------

Oh I can’t leave it at that, there are too many good things about the LG v30+ Camera to not let you in on it. I’ll let others cover the manual focus details, apps and things you can adjust for professional use. I am going to give you a glimpse at the basic, out of the box, point and click features. Quite honestly there isn’t anything basic about it. While some of the features were available on previous LG devices the LGv30+ has improved and expanded.

The V30+ and comes with 128 GBs. You definitely need it with the high resolution, UHD 4K picture and video capability, not to mention the Audio Recording using the built in HD Audio recorder provides 24 bit 192MHZ. The camera has all sorts of features that you can see in context. For example the filters- you can see exactly what it will look like in any of the filters all at the same time. Oh and the Grid shot is a collage you can create as you take the picture and then you can share, right from the grid, to multiple social media platforms. I used both of these at a concert the day I activated it. So cool.

This was taken with the Grid (Collage). You select the position of your shot as you go. When you are finished and saving, you will see a prompt to tap any photo to retake. After saving you are taken to the editing tool. You won't be able to make changes other than normal editing like filters and cropping at this point. From here you can send the photo immediately to text, Facebook, email, etc. I did and then watched the faces of people at the show I sent it to. It may not be the best picture for my first try but everyone loved it.

20171105_205610.jpgfinal product 

Screenshot_2017-11-05-20-56-44.pngGrid shot view

To access this option go to the camera and select the Mode icon. Then select Grid Shot. Fun to play around with. It would be really easy to create a Christmas morning or family dinner collage and send it to everyone in attendance. A quick keepsake of loved ones gathered together without any additional programs or leaving the camera.   

I also used the filters and it is abousolutely fabulous and easy. You can see exactly what the photo will look like before taking it. Select the filter you want to use and snap, boom there is it is. Smiley Happy 

Screenshot_2017-11-05-20-51-48.png

Oh and just a word of warning. The filter will be applied to all of your future photos unless you go back into filters and select None. It is a bit tricky to find. It is in the middle of all of the filters, not in alphabetical order.

20171105_220450.jpg

I got stuck in Black and White and didn't know how to get out. I turned the phone off and on and I was still in Black and White. Wanted to share that with you so that you don't have a mini stroke trying to take more pictures that you don't want using a specific filter.  Smiley Wink

I thought the pictures turned out great for point and click using the camera for the first time. 

LG-V30-graphy-lenses.jpghttps://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V30s-camera-has-an-awesome-hidden-feature-heres-how-to-use-Graphy-to-its-fullest_id97738

It comes with a program called Graphy that you download from Google Play, for free! 

Go to Mode and select Manual. You will see an icon for Graphy. With Graphy you select an example of a picture you like and the camera settings change to what the photographer used to take the photo. Graphy is only available with the V30. I could spell it all out but this is a great article I found on it that explains everything. - How to use Graphy to its fullest. 

Something to keep in mind. Text messaging has limitations on the size of files you can send. If you take a really great picture using 4K UHD with special features or HD audio and video, you may not be able to send via a text or it may compress or degrade the photo, video or audio recording you have taken, resulting in an awful picture.  I have taken some great videos only to not be able to share via text. Your best bet for sending to someone, if you don't want it out there for everyone to see, is to send via Messenger, email, or cloud sharing. I use my Google Drive for family photos and video. I just create a folder on the drive and give them all access to it by sharing the link to the folder. Everyone can get to Google on a phone or computer connected to the internet without fees or additional steps needed for access and most people use it for a search engine. This way you don't have to load it in multiple places or worry about what device they are accessing it from Windows versus iOS or Android.  Here is a link on how to do that and you can even send the link with the invitation you send to access the folder. It shows how to access via, computer, Android and iOS. - How to use Google Drive .  

There are tons of options I haven't addressed yet. Like 360 Panoramic, Film effect, and the multiple shot options but I will come back to them, trying not to overload you.  Just in case you are interested, here is a video about the camera that is fast but pretty much tells it all,  Content Creators Camera

Here's your techy info. 

1st Dual Rear Camera

• Glass Camera Lens - Minimizes light dispersion for superior sharpness and color
  • 10-bit HDR Image Sensor - Captures up to 211% more colors for improved accuracy
  • 16 MP Standard-Angle Lens f/1.6             
  • Field of view      71˚
  • Image sensor     1/3.09"
  • Resolution          Up to 4656 x 3492 pixels (default); 1.0 μm pixel size
  • LED Flash             Yes
  • HDR       Controls contrast for photos
  • Hybrid Auto Focus (PDAF + LDAF)             Yes
  • Zoom    Up to 8x (digital)
  • Manual Mode   Adjust shutter speed, ISO, exposure, white balance, and more; save image as RAW (JPEG + DNG)
  • Square Camera 1:1 camera UI; includes Snap Shot, Match Shot, Grid Shot, and Guide Shot
  • Pop-out Picture Mode   Use both rear cameras to automatically add frame effects
  • Camera Modes Food Mode, Panorama, 360 Panorama
  • Film Effect           Choose from 8 preset filters
  • Quick Share        Access sharing platforms instantly after taking pictures and videos
  • 2nd Dual Rear Camera
  • 13 MP Wide-Angle Lens f/1.9     Yes
  • Field of view      120˚
  • Image sensor     1/3.4"
  • Resolution          Up to 4160 x 3120 pixels (default); 1.0 μm pixel size
  • LED Flash             Yes
  • HDR       Controls contrast for photos
  • Hybrid Auto Focus (PDAF + LDAF)             Yes
  • Zoom    Up to 8x (digital)
  • Manual Mode   Adjust shutter speed, ISO, exposure, white balance, and more; save image as RAW (JPEG + DNG)
  • Photo Signature               Yes
  • Square Camera 1:1 camera UI; includes Snap Shot, Match Shot, Grid Shot, and Guide Shot
  • Pop-out Picture Mode   Use both rear cameras to automatically add frame effects
  • Camera Modes Food Mode, Panorama, 360 Panorama
  • Film Effect           Choose from 8 preset filters
  • Quick Share        Access sharing platforms instantly after taking pictures and videos

Front Camera

• 5 MP Wide-Angle Lens f/2.2        Yes
  • Wide-angle field of view               90˚
  • Toggle to standard angle field of view    80˚
  • Resolution          Up to 2560 x 1920 pixels (default)
  • Full HD Video Recording                Yes
  • Auto Shot            Take a selfie with automatic face detection
  • Gesture Shot     Take a selfie with a simple hand gesture
  • Gesture Interval Shot    Take four selfies in sequence by making a fist twice
  • Gesture View    Transitions between camera mode and preview mode automatically
  • Selfie Light          Screen illuminates around the photo preview for well-lit selfies
  • Beauty Shot       Softens facial features

These are just a few of the features and specs for a complete list visit http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS998U-lg-v30-plus. I'll be posting more about it.  Also take a look at the LG V30+ Holiday Blog Edition this blog is about the camera as well.  Please feel free to share any pictures you have taken or features you have discovered on my blog. 

Look for my future posts, lots of exciting features with this one.

Disclaimer: I am a Sprint employee but the opinions are my own, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. I do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee .