cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ - Do not remove the back cover - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey Everyone!

It has been a busy month with the holidays, hasn’t it?  I hope you all have had some time off work, or at least spend time with your friends and family this holiday season.

I wanted put out a PSA regarding the non-removable nature of the back-glass housing on this LG device compared to previous versions.

Unlike the LG V30+’s predecessors, the LG V30+ back-glass door cannot be removed without special tools or skill. The LG V20 had a clickable button that would allow the user to interchange batteries on the fly; however, this option has been removed on the LG V30+.

Concerned about a non-removable battery? Don’t be! Let’s go over some Q&A:

Q: Why would LG not allow me to remove the battery from my device?

A: It is likely related to aesthetics and performance of the device. Internal batteries have continued to improve over the life of smartphones, and it really is not necessary to have a removable battery. Sure, it’s easier to swap between batteries versus charging them, but that requires users to juggle between remembering which battery is charged and which one isn’t.  Let’s say you put in a fresh battery to replace a dead one, and the new one went dead at the end of the day. If you didn’t charge the other dead battery somehow, then you now have two dead batteries.

Q: What if my device happens to freeze up, how do I restart it?

A: LG makes the user of the LG V30+ aware of this exact question upon its out-of-the box configuration. Simply hold the power key and volume down key for 8 seconds to restart the device and simulate a battery pull.  See:

Screenshot_2017-12-27-10-22-11.png

Q: What happens if I remove the back-glass from the LG V30+ for some reason?

A: You’re gonna have a bad time. In all seriousness, if done incorrectly, the device’s glass-back will break/shatter into pieces possibly presenting a safety hazard. You may also have to pay a fee to get the device replaced/repaired at a Sprint Repair Store.

Q: I really want to swap my batteries in my phone, what can I do?

A: Purchase an external battery pack! This is a cost-effective and useful alternative to battery swapping. I bring my battery packs with me to concerts, camping, hiking, etc. to make sure I always have juice on the go. This is much more convenient than a battery swap, and you can even share with friends!

What did we learn today class?

Do not remove the back-glass from the LG V30+ or it will likely cause damage to the handset. Simply press and hold the power and volume down key for 8 seconds to simulate a battery pull on the LG V30+.

I hope you found this helpful!  Thanks for reading, as always!

Until next time

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Process Improvement Manager

Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.