cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30 + Premium Sound Experience Explained: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Unless you are a spec junkie with a high-tech background, some of the features mentioned when manufactures pitch a device can leave the head spinning. Such is the case with the premium audio features of the V30+.

The device is touted as having at having:

• 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC-Digital-to-Analog Converter DAC
  • RAM Mic
  • 2 AOP-Mics
  • MQA decoder
  • aptX HD Bluetooth codec

That is quite a bit of alphabet soup to swallow and for me, the question has to be, so what, and why should I care?

I am a music lover and a Hulu on my device junkie so for sure appreciate quality from a wired as well as a wireless headset.

LG has put a lot into making the V30+ an audio playback and recording dream machine going so far as including a very nice set of headphones with the + version to ensure you get the most from your experience right out of the box.

What the heck is Quad-DAC?

Quad-Dac provides a high fidelity playback experience when listening over a wired connection. While some other manufacturers have ditched the headphone jack, LG has gone all in and even added this DAC chip which loads a ton of quality.  If you want to go super deep into specifics you can read about the chip technology here and here.

The 32-bit Hi-FI Quad DAC chip provides superior playback performance and an array of options to customize the experience based on your personal preferences. This includes opportunities from the Quad DAC menu to adjust the sound preset, digital filter and even balance. Accessing this options is easy by a simple press on the Hi-Fi Quad DAC icon which can be found in the device settings menu.

Here is a quick video demonstrating how to access the menu and change options. 

From the chip manufacturer ESS, “LG is continuing to raise the bar on audio performance. They are focused on bringing the audiophile experience from the living room to the smartphone”

These features along with a quality set of headphones combine to make a music playback experience that has ruined me. So wonderful is the sound that I hesitate to listen to music any other way. All other forms simply do not measure up and now I am an audio snob. Sure, you can listen to music on a subpar device or through subpar headphone buy why?

Make your life amazing.

Okay, there I go. Just take it from me. You are going to love your audio experience with the LG V30+ even if it takes a degree from MIT to understand why.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

2 Comments

I got the free sampler and bought an album from HDTracks to test this feature out - and wow, 24/96 sounds fantastic! Far clearer than the 256vbr MP3 files that I typically get from Amazon. Basically as good as well mastered vinyl from the master tapes. 

- Will England 

Oh - I did my testing with Sennheiser headphones and a direct connection to a NAD power amp hooked to a set of premium Boston Acoustic speakers, so to have the shortest path to the music.