cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ Wide Angle Camera. Love it! : Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Having had the LG V30+ now as my only device for a few weeks I am finding there are a lot of things to love. My favorite so far has been the performance and the two wide angle cameras. The feature is so useful that I wish every device had it as a feature.

Two cameras on the rear of a phone is the hot trend in top of the line devices as can be found with the Galaxy Note 8, Motorola Z2 Force, and the I-Phone X. Going back in time at a bit, I started the year out with the dual camera and still a bargain favorite Kyocera Duraforce Pro. Not all of these bonus cameras come with the same functional intent. The Moto Z2 Force as an example has the second camera dedicated true B&W.

In the case of the LG V30+, the second camera is dedicated ultra-wide angle at 120 degrees as opposed to the primary camera which is set at 71 degrees. Switching from standard angle to wide angle is a breeze thanks to the on-screen menu allowing to flip quickly between the two views. The cameras also differ with the primary at 16MP with F/1.6 aperture and with the wide angle at 13MP with a f/1.9 aperture. In case you didn't know, the lower the aperture the more light the lens will allow in which improves low light images.

I have always considered myself as a picture taking addict much to the chagrin of my family for many years. My love of a wide angle look goes all the way back to my full manual Nikon SLR with actual film many years ago. So how does this wide-angle camera perform? Check out some of my recent pictures and judge for yourself.

20171126_170427_HDR-COLLAGE.jpg

20171202_101243_HDR-COLLAGE.jpg

Unfortunately, the quality of pictures posted online degrade due to the file size constraints. I do think my examples here will give you a good idea nonetheless of the improved viewing area of wide angle shots. Some of these shots were taken during low light and you see the camera performed admirably under these conditions. The wide-angle camera is also an infinity focus which when shooting objects up close or and an angle add a nice visual effect.

Wide angle, for me, is one of the most exciting features to the rear-facing camera and in case you are wondering, it does work when shooting video which is great for someone going for more of an action camera view.

I have more to share regarding my giddiness with the LG V30 + camera. That will have to wait for my next post, however.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee