cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V40 ThinQ - Feature Packed, High Powered, One of the BEST phones of the year

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG V40 ThinQ - Feature Packed, High Powered, One of the BEST phones of the year

phone-hero.png

LG has just released their NEW flagship phone the V40 ThinQ. This Model sports not 1, not 2, but 5 cameras. 2 front side (8MP standard, 5MP Wide-Angle) and 3 on the rear (12MP standard, 16MP super wide-angle, and 12MP telephoto zoom) a 6.4" QHD+ OLED Display (3120 x 1440, including notch); 538 ppi,  64GB ROM / 6GB RAM, 3,300 mAh Non-Removable battery and sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 845 processor. At the time of this posting Sprint is currently leasing the device 50% off now at $20 a month with $0 down under Sprint Flex 18-mo. lease program. Included as a bonus a SanDisk Ultra® 256GB microSDXC™ card and 2nd year of limited warranty coverage*

*LG V40 ThinQ $20/mo. after $20/mo. credit, applied within two bills. With approved credit, 18-month lease and new line of service or eligible upgrade. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. Second Year Promise full terms and conditions apply; see LGPromise.com

The LG V40 is a smooth looking device. With an all glass look this device is sharp (and shiny too). The all glass look may seem like a slip hazard awaiting but LG "employed a proprietary Silky BlastTM treatment to etch microscopic pits on the rear glass of the LG V40 ThinQ. The treatment makes the surface less slippery and less prone to fingerprints without affected the durability of the glass." I’m not one to test the slipperiness of a device so I covered mine and so should you. One drop and your shiny new toy may not be the same again. 

*http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2018/09/touch-a-big-part-of-lg-v40-thinqs-design/ 

The LG V40 comes with the standard power button on the right and a volume rocker on the left. As additional benefit a dedicated google assistant button has been added below the volume rocker. Google assistant is nothing new. The added voice-controlled assistance helps organize, control, and provide assistance to your everyday life (can be disabled should you not want it).

LGV405UAKIT_463x407_2.jpg

LGV405UAKIT_463x407_3.jpg

LG has yet to release hold of the physical connection and has kept the standard headphone jack. Connect a wired headphone and users can take advantage of LGs DTS:X Virtual Surround - deep 3D stereo audio experience and 32-Bit Hi-Fi Quad Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) - which produces crisp, full sound. 

DTX sound.JPG

And let us not forgot the life of the party, that is right the 5 glorious cameras. As already mentioned you get 2 front facing a 3 rear facing cameras. All 3 cameras on the back do have a place in day to day use but if you are not sure which is best that is the glory of LG they give you all the options at once. Before taking your snapshot, you can view your picture in all 3 views at the same time. Choose which option suits your style for the type of shot you are taking whether it be the standard 12MP shot, 16MG wide-angle, or the 12MP telephoto zoom.  

cameras.JPG

And while taking your pictures LG has equipped this beauty with some amazing features. Taking a Selfie is never dull moment when utilizing portrait mode or 3D lighting affects, or how about backdrop options.  Make your photography come to life with Cine Shot a tool that creates motion in a still image. Feeling adventurous try out their manual mode and really make your pictures a true work of art. In manual mode users can take full control of their camera creating stunning shots that even professionals would enjoy seeing.

This new addition to the LG family is breath taking and I cannot wait to see how well it performs and test out these amazing features they have to offer. follow my blog and i will share my adventure as it unfolds. 

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee