cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG X – Charge! - First look

Sprint Product Ambassador

The LG X-Charge is a great phone, maintaining the quality LG is known for. Not all the bells and whistles of the more expensive LG lineup but most of them and a really great price point.

11-21-2017 12-11-44 PM.png

Let’s take a look at some of the basic features.

First this DOES NOT use a Type C USB cable. So if your last phone did, then you will want to make sure you get an extra cable to put in the car, briefcase, backpack and so on to replace the ones you have. You don’t want to get on the road for the holidays and suddenly realize the cable in your car doesn’t work with your new phone and have to pull over and dig one out of a suitcase or realize you left it plugged in at home and have to buy another one. Especially if you are using Google maps on your phone to get to where you are going.

Quick travel tip: I always take screenshots of the directions list when I start out, just in case I get into an area where there isn’t a signal anymore. Seems to always happen to me when I need to know where to turn. With the LGX Charge it is super easy. Power+Volume down. There are other ways but this is pretty easy to remember.  Make sure the screenshot is saved to your phone and not a cloud. Otherwise it didn’t do you any good if you don’t have a signal. Most save to the Gallery, Screenshots folder.  A quick way to get to screen shots is via your notifications dropdown.  

Dimensions: 6.09" (H) x 3.08" (W) x 0.33" (D); Weight- 5.79 oz. - Fits in the hand nicely and doesn’t feel cheap.

Screen Size: 5.5 inches – great size and HD clarity

Screen Resolution: 1,280 x 720 pixels

Battery Capacity: 4,500 mAh (non-removable) – I can go two days without charging. It does make the phone a little bit heavier than some but it’s worth it. DO NOT try to remove the battery! It does not come out.

Camera Resolution: 13 MP up to 4x zoom – The MPs compare to the more expensive phones and if you’re looking at something to take good pictures without all the extra cost, this is it. It features low light and has a Rear Camera Resolution of up to 4160 x 3120 pixels and shoots in HDR, Burst Shots and a way to share instantly on social media. That’s perfect if you are just taking casual pictures of life.

5 MP Front-Facing Camera with Front-Facing Flash low-light lens: Take all of the fabulous selfies you want with a flash/ selfie light to help out. Not to mention that you can soften those lovely like lines you have collected over the years.  Smiley Wink Front Camera Resolutions: Up to 2560 x 1920 pixel

Video Recording Resolution: Up to FHD at 30 FPS. Say what??? This is what that means. FHD stands for Full High Definition and FPS is Frames per Second. This means you will be happy with the result. This phone also has a way to snap photos of frames while recording and you can use Geotagging to tag your location for the video, unless you aren’t supposed to be there, then you can turn that off. Shhhh, parents this is a great feature for figuring out where the kiddos actually are. Smiley Wink
Just a bit of Trivia for you. The human eye cannot view more than 30 FPS, so anything above 30 is the same as looking at 30. There are some things out there advertised as 60 FPS, but it isn’t any better. Maybe give it a few years and they’ll figure out a contact lens that makes it possible, you never know.

Processor: MediaTek MT6750 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Processor – Fast!

Memory:  2 GB RAM

Storage 16 GB: (8.26 GB usable) - expandable via microSD™ card (sold separately) – If you plan on taking a lot of video or pictures (using that amazing resolution), may want to invest in a micro SD because 16 GBs will go fast!

I only highlighted a few of the features. To see the complete list, accessories and some great visuals go to http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-SP320-Sprint-lg-x-charge

I hope this was helpful to you. Look for more soon.

Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.