cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG v30+ - Spigen Neo Hybrid Case - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey Everyone!

It has been a busy month with the holidays, hasn’t it?  I hope you all have had some time off work, or at least spend time with your friends and family this holiday season.

I’m back with a quick note about the Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for the LG V30+. I’ve been a longtime fan of Spigen’s, and this is no exception.

Spigen cases are likely some of the most durable cases I’ve come to use for my devices. Spigen understands that not every customer is the same, and there is a great  need for multiple case types for different devices. Each case delivers what is promised and they look stylish in the process. 

I was concerned about getting a case for my V30+ because it is an extremely thin phone. However, the Neo Hybrid case adds very little thickness to my V30+, which is exactly what I was looking for. Of course, if I had gone with the other case offerings from Spigen such as the Rugged Armor Extra, then I would be sacrificing device thinness for superior all-around protection.

The Neo Hybrid Case from Spigen runs for about $34.99 MSRP and comes in Gunmetal and Satin Silver; both options are slick on the LG V30+. Per Spigen’s product page for the Neo Hybrid Case, “Every inch of the Neo Hybrid™ reflects modernity in a case. [. . .] It is made of a shock-absorbent layer and a durable bumper frame for everyday impact while staying lightweight and pocket-friendly in every occasion. Keep your phone assured with a case that embodies both style and durability” (Source). While you’re there, you can purchase one, too! Unfortunately, this product is not yet available via the Sprint.com/accessories portal.

Let’s get back to how the case performs and feels. First, the case provides superior protection to the back and sides of the device. You know how you never drop a phone without a case (well, not always), but you drop it as soon as you have one on it? Yep, that’s me. I take very good care of my devices with or without a case because I like them feel like-new at all times; however, it never fails that as soon as I install a case, I seem to produce butter in my palms and drop the phone all the time. Good thing I have my Spigen, huh? The case has already provided great protection from drops of about 4 – 5 feet onto hard surfaces, including concrete. Although each scenario is different, my case has withstood the abuse it has gotten, and for that I am thankful!

The feel of the case is also important to note. The rubber coating on the rear of the case provides additional grip for your phone so that you don’t drop it (unless you’re me, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). The rubber edges of the case do not wrap over the LG V30+’s screen, which is great for usability. Even though it doesn’t wrap over the edges of the screen, it does provide a bumper guard against damage. The top and bottom of the case on the screen-side are raised slightly higher than the edges to help provide a bit of a bumper against screen-down drops and subsequent damage.  Finally, the cases cleanly leaves exposed all of the ports, power button, and camera, and provides raised buttons that overlay on the volume keys to ensure you have easy and quick access.

Here are some photos of my LG V30+ in the Spigen Neo Hybrid case:

20171227_092029.jpg20171227_092036.jpg20171227_092054.jpg20171227_092122.jpg20171227_092132.jpg20171227_092136.jpg20171227_092151.jpg

Overall, this case is exceptional as Spigen cases typically are. If you don’t already own a Spigen, I would highly recommend picking one up. You can head over to their product page or find alternative online shopping sites where Spigen is sold. You can’t beat superior protection that is also aesthetically pleasing!

Thanks for reading, as always!

Until next time

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Process Improvement Manager

Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.