cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LGV30+ A Camera as good as a DSLR... and a Signature!

Sprint Product Ambassador

As you’ve already heard from me, I LOVE the camera on the LG V30+ more than on any other device.  It’s weird to me that some people would refute the fact that this camera is so good.  The pictures I’m taking are (to me) better than my high quality Nikon camera.

Anyway, with social media being what it is and your pictures & media available to all to poach without giving proper credit to the photographer (you) it brings me great pleasure to introduce you to the ‘Signature’ feature built into the LG V30+ Camera software.

So, this blog is really a mishmash ofa couple of things... 

First,  I post a quite a few pictures on social media. Most days there’s a picture from my morning jog down the East side of Manhattan.   Lately it’s been more ‘pre-dawn’ with the move to daylight savings.  

I recently had a comment from a photographer friend on Facebook asking me what camera I’ve been using to post my photos as she’s looking to replace her DSLR. Yeah, she likes the pictures I’ve taken with the LGV30+ enough to think about replacing her DSLR camera… THAT says a lot about the quality of these pictures.  OK - perhaps it's not 'as good' as a DSLR as my title states, but to many people, this is definitely close enough.  When I saw her post I literally smiled from ear to ear. 

I’m not a heavy user of ‘filters’ as most times when I find inspiration in something worth shooting I want to grab the true natural colors.  Not that I'm against using them from time to time. Still one of the things I love about the LG V30+ Camera is the colors are true/real life. It’s not augmented or affected by the software or lens like some other flagship devices.  If I want to add the filters myself, they’re easily accessible. The photo of the Williamsburg Bridge, NY is on 'Auto Mode' with no filters...  You can view the settings on Flikr. 

The photo my friend commented on is below… and a full HD version is available here –WIlliamsburg Bridge Full HD Picture on Flikr (will open in a new page so you don't lose your place)

Bridge.pngWilliamsburg Bridge - FB

The other thing I wanted to note is the ‘signature’ on the bottom right of the picture.  Basically you can set a ‘watermark’ (signature) on your pictures to ensure you’re identified as the rightful owner of your work.  Sure… people can still borrow shamelessly from your photos and photoshop them, etc… but, this makes it a little bit harder while making your amazing pictures even more personal.

To add a signature to your pictures open the Camera App > Click the Settings Cog in the upper left corner > Scroll to ‘Signature’ and click the 3 dots > Type in your signature and choose your font and click ‘ADD’.

Tip – the keyboard pops up and covers up some of the additional font options. Shrink the keyboard down to see the additional fonts.

Tip 2 – you can view a sample of your Signature at the top of the screen over a picture of tulips.

After you click ‘Add’ you’ll be brought back to the settings screen. Just make sure ‘Signature’ is set to on and you’re all set.  From here on out you’ll have your signature on all of your photos. 

SETTINGS SCREEN.pngSignature Settings

Type Signature.pngAdding a Signature

Additinal Fonts.pngAdditional Fonts

That's' all I've got for now.  Got some great pictures? Feel free to share them here. 

Questions about the LG V30+? ask away... 

Until next time - Have a GREAT Holiday Season! 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. As a matter of fact the PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. So what I'm really trying to say is,  my opinions are my own. I am not a Sprint or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. I just love to play with new tech, talk smack and help people when I'm able.  I also like to write/blog about tech. Hope you follow me here and feel free to comment. Thanks!!!

Follow me on twitter -

Follow me:

Twitter - https://twitter.com/NewYorkNYMobile NewYork_NY on AndroidCentral