cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOKSAK Waterproof Bags = Extra Protection for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

LOKSAK Waterproof Bags = Extra Protection for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, one thing I like to do check out whenever I get a new phone is the degree of practical and inexpensive accessories that I can acquire to make my device better protected, have better performance, or be more convenient to access.  The accessory I’ll be talking about today satisfies two of the three criteria and is so dirt cheap and practical that you might just want to keep a few on hand for all your devices. 

LOKSAK.jpg

Enter the world of Locksak (aka aLOKSAK) Waterproof bags.  LOKSAK was something that was handed off to me at a convention as SWAG but since has become a rather useful little accessory with a very low price tag. So what makes this little ziplock baggie so special anyways?  Why would I consider something like this over a sandwich bag lurking at home?  Well, first of all these baggies are rather strategically sized for your devices and have a nice range from 5” X 4” to 12” x 48”.  For your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the perfect size is the ALOKSAK 4x7 (which has actual inner dimensions of 4.25” x 7.13”). 

Unlike your run of the mill sandwich bag, the material that LOKSAK is medical grade.  It’s the same stuff that would be used for food or even biohazard storage.  It’s 100% safe from water, sand, humidity and snow.   Loksak has even been certified waterproof by SCUBA schools international (Formally known as NASDS) for up to 200 ft.  This is all thanks to a patented Leakproof/airtight seal.

Ok, I know what you are thinking… Big deal! Why do I care?  Well, now for the most impressive part on why LOKSAK is so cool.  Within all that protection mentioned above.  You also get full use of your touchscreen, right through the bag.  This has especially been proven with the Note 8.  Which along with my Spigen Crystal Shell fits perfectly and works perfectly, regardless of environment.

So what environment would this be suited for anyways?  Well anywhere where you think the Galaxy Note 8’s already impressive IP68 rating might fall short. In theory, IP68 should cover most things. However, dissecting the IP rating gives me a little doubt. The first digit is 6 which is defined as “Dust tight - No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact.”* (A rating of 6 is the highest level of protection defined). The second digit is 8 (also the highest level defined) and states liquid protection “immersion beyond 1m - The equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which shall be specified by the manufacturer. Normally, this will mean that the equipment is hermetically sealed. However, with certain types of equipment, it can mean that water can enter but only in such a manner that it produces no harmful effects.”*

The full definition of IP68 is “Protected from total dust ingress. / protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure.”  What is that pressure?  That’s not clearly know but at least up till 1m (3.29 ft) you should be covered.

Now does IP68 make me feel safe in the rain?  Sure.  Does IP68 make me feel safe with my prized Note 8 when canoeing?  Not so much.  So why chance it. Thanks to Loksak, I can finally leave my overkill Plano Liqua-Bait Locker Model 4648 at home and get the benefit of functionality along with protection.  So text / call away.  Next time I’m out canoeing I’ll promptly answer you back.

Oh I almost forgot… even being MADE IN USA, you can get a 2-pack of 4x7 LOKSAK’s for only $7.99.  Why take a chance next time you’re out and about. Maybe even take up underwater photography?  I’d demo that further but be nice it’s winter already.   =)

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

*Ratings DescriptionsSourced From: http://www.dsmt.com