cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestreaming with the Samsung Note 10+ - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

You've got this super powerful phone.  It has super fantastic cameras.  And you're on one of the fastest 4G networks.  What else should you do but live stream an event?  How well does the Note 10+ work for livestreaming? 

Quite well, as a matter of fact!  I was invited to photograph the Shawnee Mission West Band perform for a charity event early one morning last week.  After I'd gotten as many photos as I could, I thought I'd give my hand at this livestreaming thing.  I logged into the Band Facebook page and started a live stream of their performance.  Given it was my first time live streaming, I tried shooting in the 'correct' landscape mode - but Facebook wasn't having it.  Facebook only allows portrait streaming.  So you get a quick turn at the front of the video.  Performance from the Note 10+ was excellent - clear video, clear audio, and for a nearly 30 minute performance, it only used about 18% of the battery. 

You can watch the stream at the Shawnee Mission West Band Facebook page - no extra charge for the shaky cam.  I was shooting hand-held left handed, while grabbing the occasional still shot with my DSLR in the right hand.  Nothing like multi-tasking, eh?  Note to self - get a steadi-cam or at least a basic gimbal if I'm going to keep this up. . .

Overall - everyone was pleased with the results, many offline comments and over 700 views for a page with  just over 800 'likes'.  The Note 10+ is definitely a good tool for live-streaming events!

- Will England

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee