cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the LG V30+: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

In the realm of flagship level devices, it can be easy to always go with what is most popular and well known. It is kind of like always picking the vanilla ice cream without ever taking time to sample some of the other flavors. It just might turn out there is a choice there among the mint chocolate chip and cookie dough that is actually better than your old standby.

The same can be said when it comes to picking a new phone. Sure it would be easy to go with the crowd but wouldn't it be great to pick something different and find out later that for you it was the best choice. In the case of the LG V30+, there is a second reason to give it a try. LG is an electronic powerhouse with a stellar reputation.

The buzz around the V30+ has been so strong that I am just giddy with anticipation. All the big gun manufacturers have been rolling out their best in the last couple of months so the LG V30+ had better deliver or it will quickly fade into the crowd. If the specs on this device are any indication, I know I am in for a great experience.

20171110_141627-COLLAGE.jpg

The Specs:

• 6.0-inch QuadHD+ P-OLED, 2,800 x 1,440 resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio display
  • Octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor
  • 4GB LPDDR4x Ram
  • 128 GB storage with microSD slot expandable up to 2 TB
  • 16 MP Standard angle sensor with f/1.6 aperture, laser detection autofocus, OIS, EIS
  • 13 MP Wide angle sensor with f/1.9 aperture
  • 5MP wide angle with f 2/2 aperture
  • Headphone jack with 32-bit advanced hi-fi quad DAC
  • 3,300 mAh with wireless charging capability
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • Android 7.1.2 Nougat
  • IP68 water and dust resistance

So what about the LG V30+ makes it stand out? Well first of all, let’s address the whole + thing. No, that does not mean this version is larger than the non + device. Sprint swung a deal on the requirements for our version asking to give customers a little extra. As opposed to most other carriers, the Sprint version comes out of the box with 128GB of storage as opposed to the 64GB that is to be found from all the other major competitors. Why is this a big deal? Well the V and the V30 stands for video so you are going to want a lot of room for your pictures and video. Plus, as time goes by, you are going to be glad you have that space 18 months from now when your device is fully loaded with your favorite apps.

Next, there is the camera and video experience. The V30 + is targeted for people that want the best possible experience. A great aperture rating, a second rear-facing camera dedicated to wide angle, and an amazing array of customization options place this device on the front edge of all devices.

There is more to love about the LG V30+ and I am ready. Stay tuned for more posts and comments about my experience with this device.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

And, one of the only phones to play high resolution audio - 24 bit, 192khz sounds brilliant.