cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the One Plus Pro 7 5G: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Never heard of the device manufacturer One Plus?  If so, you are not alone. When the One Plus Pro 7 5G was announced as coming to the Sprint network recently my first question was who are they? 

Well, it turns out that One Plus has been turning out low cost and high feature devices now for around 5 years. It would not take a lot of intuitive logic to figure out that this is the 7th device in their line up. It is the first however to be launched as 5G, the first to be carried by Sprint and the second model to be sold in the US. One Plus has a reputation for selling devices at a terrific cost entry point which is especially important at the flagship level. 

The rocket-fast speeds of 5G are here in several markets and the early adopter crowd will be looking at options for a new device. Anyone thinking of the future will also want to consider a 5G phone for their next device since it will be required to enjoy the benefits. (download speeds) The One Plus Pro 7 pricing is good relative to others at the flagship level and the least expensive of the 5G options. So, even if not thinking 5G this might be one to consider if you are looking to go flagship and if you are looking to be different. 

There is also a super launch lease price incentive that makes it even more appealing. 

Intrigued by the prospect of trying out something completely new to me, I am excited to give this phone a try and share my thoughts with you. There is much to learn.  

Before we get to my unboxing first impressions, let’s list some key specs that you will want to know. The list is long as there is a lot of goodness in the box. 

The Specs

• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
  • Memory: 256GB internal with 8GB RAM (no SD slot) 
  • 90HZ Screen Refresh Rate. (Fastest of any smartphone) 
  • Display: 6.67 inch Fluid AMOLED 
  • In-screen fingerprint sensor 
  • Camera: 3 cameras on the back 
    • 48 MP with f/1.6 wide-angle
    • 8MP, f/2.4 78mm Telephoto, 3X Zoom
    • 16MP, f/2.2 13mm ultrawide
  • Duel-LED flash
  • Selfie Camera: Motorized pop-up 16MP wide 
  • Sound: Stereo speakers with Doby Atmos
  • Battery: 4000 mAH with 30W “Warp Charge” Adaptor 
  • Color: Nebula Blue 
  • Price: $840: $35/mo Lease 
  • $20/mo lease special at the time of launch!IMG_20190906_141046-COLLAGE.jpg

First thoughts

Right out of the box, the first thing that is striking to me is the size and weight of the phone. This thing has a monster feel to it that for sure screams out, “I am substantial”. This is quite a contrast from the lightweight polycarbonate (plastic) Pixel 3a which is the device I am moving from to this. 

This phone for sure has a great build quality impression thanks to the lack of bezels, full gorilla glass, beautiful color and the richness of the fluid AMOLED display. 

A lot of the flagship devices have gone camera option crazy and the One Plus Pro 7 5G is no exception with the three cameras located on the back and the intriguing pop up selfie camera located at the top of the device. A great camera experience is my strongest requirement for a phone so it is going to be interesting to try out these various options. I am especially excited about the wide-angle as I have missed that since moving away from the LG V30+. The wide-angle creates some terrific creativity options. Next, is going to be trying out the pop-up selfie camera. Will it work quick enough on the fly? What happens when I drop the phone? 

I am not a gamer but with the huge AMOLED screen, 855 Snapdragon processor, 90HZ screen refresh rate, Doby Atmos stereo sound and “Fnatic” mode I fell totally compelled to jump into some high-intensity games. This is just in time for the release of Mario Cart. 

Whew, so much to say. There are many more features I could highlight so I will have to save some for my next post. Be sure to follow along to learn more and of course subscribe to my YouTube channel to see the phone in action. 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee