cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid-Range Memory Monster – Motorola E4

Sprint Product Ambassador

For those of you looking for a mid-range device that won’t put you underwater, but that still can perform at a high level, look no further than the Motorola E4.  In the past, I’ve participated on many launch teams for mid-range devices, and one of the most glaring shortcomings of the mid-range genre has always been memory: both RAM and ROM.  However, with the Motorola E4, that shortcoming has seemingly dissipated.

One of the heavy lifting tasks of activating a new device is bringing over all of your “stuff”.  Apps, contacts, pictures, videos, etc. are all items that need to come over “en masse” to have your important content at your fingertips.  I use my phone for work and for my personal life, so I tend to load it up with LOTS of apps, and my contacts can get upwards of around 2000+ contacts with the integration of my Global Address Book.  So what happened when I brought over my content from my previous device?

It all came over!  And what’s more… I didn’t get a warning that I was running out of memory.  16GB of ROM came close to filling, but didn’t take as big a hit as some other mid-range devices, that seem to rely on 8GBs for ROM.  Over the last couple of weeks of using the E4, I kept loading apps to push the device to its limits, and I FINALLY got a message that an app could not be installed because I was low on memory.

BUT…

Motorola has a native “memory saver” support feature that identifies areas where I can recover memory so I can add a new app.  Those areas are cached data, thumbnails, pics, videos, and apps with low to no usage.  AMAZING!  So I don’t need to download any sort of memory management app, AND… my device is still just as snappy as when I first activated it, so it doesn’t seem to get bogged down. 

I would say it’s only mid-range because that’s how it’s been designated, but the device performs at a very high level, and should be able to handle most if not all workloads, even from the heaviest mobile superusers.

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.