cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Mods...and My Final Thoughts On The Z2 Force

Sprint Product Ambassador

Moto Mods...and My Final Thoughts On The Z2 Force

After having spent some considerable time with the Moto Z2 Force, Motorola has really impressed me. I’ve previously detailed my overall impressions of the phone as well as some cool features that you might not be aware of. If you haven’t had a chance to check them out, I encourage you to do so. For this blog though, i’ll be looking at the Moto Z2 Force’s big features, the Moto Mods as well as my final thoughts on the phone.

Hasselblad True Zoom Camera

hasselblad1.jpgCourtesy PhonearenaSo what is the Hasselblad True Zoom Camera? Well, as you’ve probably guessed, Hasselblad is camera company that is based out of sweden. They have produced cameras that were used during World War II as well as the camera’s used during the Apollo space missions. Impressive credentials to say the least. The mod itself fully attaches to the phone and looks like a regular digital camera. The Mod has a physical power button to turn it on and off. To go along with that, zoom switch which gives you up to 10x optical zoom. The mod has a physical shutter button as well. Weighing in at about 5 ounces, it won’t add a lot to the Moto Z2 Force, which to be honest, is extremely lightweight to begin with. The mod also gives users the ability to shoot in raw+JPEG and Hasselblad has seen fit to include their photo editing software, Phocus, that’s a nice addition. The mod does come with some drawbacks though. While using it, it will revert the stock camera app to its default settings and you won’t have the option to shoot video in 4K. Using the shutter button can also made it hard to keep steady while taking the picture. Still, for those that true photo fanatics, the Hasselblad camera mod may just be the thing you are looking for.

Moto Turbopower Pack

moto-mod-turbopower.jpgCourtesy Droid-LifeThe Turbopower Pack is an external battery pack but unlike other battery packs out on the market, the Turbopower Pack comes with some added features. First, by snapping it onto the back of the phone, you’re adding 3490 mAh of battery power which Motorola touts as giving the user an extra day of power. Second, the battery pack has fast charging capability, giving you 50% charge in about 20 minutes. The Turbopower pack even gives you an extra 15 watts of power which makes charge time on the phone that much faster. On top of all this, the battery pack is super slim, so it won’t add a lot of bulk to the phone.

Moto Style Shell With Wireless Charging

Sticking with the theme of battery, the Motorola’s next mod gives you the benefit of customization and the freedom of wireless charging. The Moto Style Shell allows the user to customize the back of the phone is several different styles of their choosing, ranging from Grey Herringbone Nylon to a Floral Print. As for wireless charging, you’ll get 10 watts of power and the mod is compatible with several wireless charging pads such as Qi and PMA. Wireless is nothing new, but having the ability to customize your phone at the same time is a nice touch.motomodsstyleshellwirelesscharging.jpgCourtesy Phonedog

Moto Insta-share Projector

lenovo-moto-insta-hero.pngCourtesy LenovoHave you ever been somewhere and wished you could projector your phone’s screen? Well now you can. The Moto Insta-share Projector will let the user turn any flat surface into a 70” big screen. Like all of the Moto Mods, the projector snaps on and has a pop out kickstand allowing you to set it up on a table or other flat surface. In addition, the mod has its own power source so you don’t have to worry about using your phone’s battery. And like many of the other mods, it has a small profile which means you can use the projector at several different angles. It uses DLP projector technology and projected images are clear and bright. Moto rates the lamp life at 10,000 hours so you should get plenty of use out of it. Lastly, the projector comes with its own speaker in case you need one. Out of all the mods, the Insta-share Projector is the one that I have the most interest in and I hope there are more mods like this in the future.

Final Thoughts

Overall, the Moto Z2 Force has been a nice surprise. I really love how Motorola packaged in several premium device features like the shatter shield, the dual cameras, and the Moto Mods functionality while aiming to keep the phone at a more affordable price point. I found the all day battery has lived up to its name, even after having used the phone for more than a month and I love the huge amount of storage that the phone gives you while having a super fast processor. All in all the Moto Z2 Force is a great phone and I can’t wait to see what Motorola does next with the ‘Z’ line of devices.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee