cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola E4 Plus - Where is My Battery Percent Sign

Sprint Product Ambassador

Motorola E4 Plus - Where is My Battery Percent Sign

percent.jpg

Are you the type of user who likes to know how much battery time you have left? Do you stare at the battery icon and wonder what it mean. If you are like me you like to see that nice pretty percent sign indicating how much you have left. Well there is a hidden System UI tuner that will do just that and more. But how do you enable it?

The System UI tuner when active is located under the settings section in the system section. To activate the hidden commands swipe down from the top screen to access your quick settings menu. Press and hold on the cog wheel/gear for a few seconds. Once active you will get a pop message stating "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to settings."

Cog.jpg

Congrats.jpg

Now go to settings, scroll down to system and you will see the new menu listed. When opened you will get a friendly warning. This indicates that modifications to the UI are considered experimental and when performed may not be compatible or available in future OS releases. Users should proceed with caution. Tap "GOT IT" to confirm and continue. 

Screenshot_20170924-102956.jpg Screenshot_20170924-094930.png

Once in the UI section you will have 3 sub categories Status bar, Do Not Disturb, and Other. The Percent changes are handled through Status Bar. Under status bar you will see multiple options listed to enable or disable. Most should be enabled as these are the options typically appearing in the status bar. Enable or disable them if you don't want the icon to appear in the status bar.  Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the battery option. By Default the battery percentage is only shown when charging. I change this to "always show percentage". Now the percent sign will be listed in the battery and you can now rest assured to know exactly how much power you have left.

Screenshot_20170924-095028.pngScreenshot_20170924-095016.pngScreenshot_20170924-095033.png

Navigate through the other optional changes but be careful when modifying the UI to much. 

Check out some of my other blogs on the Motorola E4 Plus:

Motorola-E4-Plus-All-the-Power-you-need

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee