cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola E5 Plus - New Release

Sprint Product Ambassador

Motorola E5 Plus - New Release

moto-e5plus-pdp-fullbleedhalf-design-d-na.jpg

The Motorola E5 Plus was just released and is a step above its predecessor. The device is released with a larger 6" (1440 x 720) display. 32GB is now standard storage expandable up to 128 GB with microSD card storage option. 12 Megapixel rear camera with 2.0 aperture and a front 8 Megapixel 2.2 aperture. And finally, its standard 5000 mAh battery with 15W TurboPower charger. Sprints current cost as of this article is at full price $288.00 or $0 down and $12.00 for 18 monthly payments. While it is not the top of the line it does come with some added advantages its predecessor did not have. 

The Moto E5 Plus is equipped with the Snapdragon 435 chip, the highest processor in the 400 series architecture. The Moto E4 was only equipped with the Snapdragon 427 chip. The 435 Chip now includes 8x ARM cortex A53 and a better GPU Adreno 505. This yielded a better graphics score when running my cpu tests.

As with all my phones I run a series of benchmark tests to determine the phone's ability to handle its processor and memory available. I like to know where my phone stands in comparison to other devices. I have tested the device using 4 different performance management software each yielded some great results. When I run my tests I do this first before setting up any other application or service. I have minimal services running in the foreground or background so as to not skew my results. I utilized PCMark for Android, 3DMark, Geekbench 4, and Antutu Benchmark when analyzing the Processors abilities.

Geekbench 4

geekbench4.png 

This performance test again measures the GPU's ability and the CPU processing power. Geekbench 4 scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 4000 (which is the score of an Intel Core i7-6600U). Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance. The Moto E5 Plus handled itself quite for a mid range device. It held a single-core score of 662 and Multi-core of 2410. The processor is showing signs to be able to some multitasking and basic graphic intensive games. The Moto E5 Plus GPU benchmark test yielded a score of 1963. 

Screenshot_20180603-120153.pngScreenshot_20180531-100426.png

PCMARK for Android

PCMark for Android.png 

Utilizing the work 2.0 performance test the application ran its myriad of tests checking processing, picture manipulating, and editing ability of documents, navigating interweb and data manipulation. Along with this test I evaluated the Computer Vision option which aims to focus on the devices performance with image recognition tasks. Finally, the Storage test which checks for the devices ability to handle fast smooth stutter-free performance when accessing storage content.  Work 2.0 performance yielded a score of 3153, Computer vision came in at 1485, and the Storage component was 4884. Work 2.0 and computer vision showed the device also was running at a mid-level device capabilities. The storage component however was able to keep up with those in higher end devices.

Screenshot_20180531-090507.pngScreenshot_20180531-092622.pngScreenshot_20180531-094620.png

3DMark 

3dMark.png

With 3DMark I was unable to run the intensive Sling Shot Extreme which utilizes the OpenGL ES 3.1. Graphic tests are based on a 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. I had to resort to the standard Ice Storm evaluation test. This test is based on the OpenGL ES 2.0 benchmark with displays of 1280 x 720 which the Moto E5 Plus is slightly larger resolution. This test is the lightest of the graphic intensive tests.  The program runs 2 types of graphic tests measuring both the GPU performance and lots of vertices. It then measures the GPU performance along with pixel processing. Finally it test the overall CPU with its standard physics tests. The Moto E5 Plus score again was in line with other mid-range devices. It yielded an impressive score of 9969 as it was able to produce graphics rendering at 60 frames a second. 

Screenshot_20180531-084842.png

Antutu Benchmark & 3D Rating

AnTuTu.png

This Benchmark application measures multiple layers of evaluation from memory performance, CPU integer Performance, and 2D 3D graphics Performance. The overall results of this test yielded a score of 47346. This score came back with the device handling a 3D game performance at a mid-level game performance and would satisfy user’s daily use. 

Screenshot_20180531-104925.png

The Moto E5 Plus Is great device for a Mid-level user not wanting to have high gaming needs but a phone for regular daily use. With the Snapdragon 435 processor this phone will be able to handle most things while high intensive graphic games may be a bit to much for this overall phone. As mid-range device users that navigate web and use basic content will be very pleased with the phones abilities. 

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Journeyman

Is this an hpue phone?