cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Z2 Force – Moto Assistant is highly useful - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hello everyone!

I recently had the privilege of receiving the Motorola Z2 Force device and wanted to take a few minutes to discuss a highly useful feature built into the device.

The Moto Z2 Force comes with a pre-loaded application labeled "Moto," which I will refer to as Moto Assistant, that makes using various features of the device quick and easy. The assistant has three specific categories: Moto Action, Moto Display, and Moto Voice, each of the three categories can do something different for the user. Many of these will be suggested by the device through normal use where the use of an app or the way the phone is used triggers the suggestion. For example, turning on an alarm might trigger the "Night Display" pop-up asking if you want to turn it on. However, these can be turned on/off manually with a couple clicks.

First, to access Moto Assistant, look for the blue circle with a white diamond somewhere on the home screen. It looks like this:

Screenshot_20170812-222547.pngMoto Assistant Icon 

Once you've done that, you can then customize the three categories I previously mentioned. Let's first talk about Moto Action. Moto Actions turns on/off simple hand gestures used to control the device. You can turn off the back/multi-window button and simply use the home button as your multi-function key (see later blog article for this in better detail), enabling a chopping motion to turn on the flash, a quick flick of the wrist to turn on the camera, and even turn a loud ringing telephone call into a simple vibrate. Simply tap the item you want to turn on and you're ready to go!

Examples of what to choose: 

Screenshot_20170812-222542.pngThree master categoriesScreenshot_20170812-222553.pngMoto Actions Sub-CategoryScreenshot_20170812-222559.pngMoto Display Sub-CategoryScreenshot_20170812-222609.pngMoto Voice Sub-Category

See my video below on how chopping for flashlight and twisting for the camera work.

Next, we'll look at Moto Display. Moto Display allows you to turn on the night mode functionality to reduce blue light, which helps you sleep better at night. Not sure what blue light is or how it impacts you? Head over to a previous blog of mine HERE! You can also turn on the Moto Display to display notifications on the screen when it's off.

Finally, Moto Voice allows you to control the phone with your voice, which is quite convenient. You can setup your voice, trigger when the device should read text messages and calls to you, and even set up a bypass for the lock screen with the sound of your voice.

Note: Many options have additional sub-menus that allow you to customize the function a bit further. Instead of simply tapping the on/off switch, make sure to tap the item itself to see if a menu is present to adjust the setting of that particular Moto Assistant setting.

Here's how to use the flashlight and camera with Moto Action:

Moto Assistant makes tasks simpler on the Moto Z2 Force. I can set automatic schedules for when the blue light filter will apply, when my phone should read me my text messages (e.g., when I'm driving), and even turn on quick gestures to enable quicker access to items I used the most. The flashlight and the camera access via Moto Actions are two of my favorite and most used features from the Moto Assistant.

There is plenty more to come on this amazing device!  Stay tuned for additional information on the Moto Z2 Force!

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Manager

Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.