cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Week with Moto e4: Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

It’s been quite a while since I have used an Android device and I can say that the Motorola e4 is a pleasant experience back on the platform! Setup was easy through Sprint’s fantastic website. Within minutes my services were configured and the phone was operational. (Yay Sprint!)

The Moto e4 comes with Android 7.1 and Motorola has a couple of neat add-ons for this device. There is a “Moto” app that give you access to the extra features and I think you will like them. First there is “Moto Display” which allows you to get subtle notifications and automate night display settings. Night display adjusts to warmer tones which the is calmer to the body allowing you to more easily fall asleep, and is much easier on your eyes if you (like me) lay in bed and use your phone before going to sleep. You can turn the mode on automatically in three ways:

1. turn on at a specific time like 10:00 PM,
  2. based on your “morning alarm” which will turn on the mode 10 hours before the alarm goes off
  3. at sunset based on your location.

The mode can turn off using the same settings of specific time, morning alarm or sunrise. Personally, I have it turning on at sunset and turning off with my morning alarm. That way when I look at my phone first thing in the morning, it’s immediately using the cooler-brighter tones to start me waking up. Also in this area there is a setting for “Moto Display” which lets notifications fade in and out when the screen is off. You can choose to block some applications, and choose how much detail to show for the applications you want to see. One other option is to allow replies without unlocking the device, which makes for quick replies to important messages throughout the day.

The second area is “Moto Actions” and I have to tell you I use this tons! Right now the only option is to turn on “Swipe to shrink screen” which is awesome for one-handed phone use. You can swipe from either direction to shrink the screen with your thumb to shrink the screen. Great for when you are carrying something and need to respond to a message or simply can’t stop crushing candy!

Screenshot_20170721-152232.pngFull Size ScreenScreenshot_20170721-152245.pngAfter Swipe to Shrink

Just touch in the black area to restore the screen to full size. Smiley Happy

Check back later to hear more about this device!

-- John

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.