BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first 'look' at my new LG G8X ThinQ with Dual Screen Case

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am so excited to be able to test this thing out. I’ll start by telling you all I haven’t turned it on yet or activated it or anything. Just an FYI so you don't feel like you've wasted your time. This is solely about what I’m seeing from opening the box so far and how it looks/feels etc.

Reason I haven’t activated is really because I haven’t had the time between work and music etc. Still, they arrived and I just had to open ‘em up and see what it was all about.

Gww3Zqb - Imgur.jpg

Here Goes:

The LG G8x ThinQ is a totally premium feeling device. It feels like it’s all metal to me. I’m sure it’s not, but it has that heft and well made quality that just screams top of the line. Mine is black – though it’s nicely polished and has a great reflection to it.

To note, no ‘notch’, just a tiny space for the speaker and front facing camera.

The buttons are all familiar and they have kept the headphone jack. The only thing missing is the fingerprint sensor which is now in the screen instead. Admittedly I’m not a big fan of in screen fingerprint scanners. I’ve tried them on multiple models from Samsung to OnePlus and I have yet to have a consistent experience The OnePlus facial camera makes up for that though with super-fast and cool recognition… I digress. Hopefully the G8x does better in this department. We’ll see.

arhePGJl.jpgSide View LG G8X ThinQ

In the box are the usual items as well, though I notice the headphones are absent – not a big deal for me as I’ve got way too many sets already, but worth a mention.

Post image

Included is the 2 year warranty, a new fast charge charger w’ cable, instructions/start guide, sim release pin and cleaning cloth.

Totally off topic – I really wish they would label the chargers with an edition or model number. This goes for all devices… So many keep the same form factor it’s hard to know which is the latest and fastest one when you’ve got them dotted all around your house and in your travel bags. Yeah – first world problems.

The new dual screen case – it’s pretty cool looking. Definitely ‘thick’, but light weight. Still, you can see how wide your phone will be with the dual screen attached. It comes with a magnetic power adapter (ala Mac computer) that you plug your USB-C into. Why you ask? I don’t know actually. That’s possibly going to be my one complaint as that means I need to carry around this magnetic adapter. Hopefully I can get a few extras to keep handy for that eventuality.

Post image

Dual Screen Case Cover outside the box

Putting the phone into it the dual screen case is easy – though there’s multiple sets of instructions with it. Put the bottom of the phone in first and then pop in the top corners. To remove, pop the top corners out and then pull up. What I’m not sure about is how often I’ll need to pop in and out of the case. I think I’d want to keep it in the case all the time BUT there’s the issue with charging if I don’t have the magnetic adapter. All that is probably small potatoes as I try this out. I’m so excited to see how this dual screen device works.

More views of the case with and without the phone attached:

Post image

Dual Screen Case Cover

Post image

Magnetic Charging Pin

Both Screen attached - Apparently can fold all the way around too

Post image

Post image

Side view - all uniform in size - just the angle makes end in my hand look larger than the other end

Post image

Back of case

While the LG G8x is supposed to be a great upgrade over the prior ‘G8’ I, I’m looking forward even more to the dual screen experience and see what cool things I can come up with.

I bet there will be a learning curve – and a new belt required to keep my jeans from sagging when this is in my back pocket.

More to come - I promise. Just have to activate and get this things up and running. Can't wait to tell you all about it.

Questions/thoughts about the LG G8 ThinQ? Anything you'd like me to share? Ask away!

Rick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassadors shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. #SprintProductAmbassador 

#LG #LGG8x #LGG8XDualDisplay #DualDisplay #ThinQ