cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Comparing Auto Photo to Live Photo -- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Last night before the cold front hit, I had a chance to take a couple of photos of the last rose of the season using the Samsung Note 10+.  One photo I let the camera automatically detect it. the other photo I used the 'live view' to get a nice blurred background. Let's take a look at how they came out!

roses.pngOn the left - Automatic. On the right - Live Photo

Realistically - the automatic photo detection of a flower got the more brilliant colors and captured the rose with a much more lively view.  The 'Live View' using two cameras to create the blurred background worked well - there is some nice bokeh there, but the colors are washed out and the rose just isn't as rosy...

You can check out the original shots on my Flickr site, Will England - Lensman

So, which should you use?  It depends on the light, colors, and what you are trying to achieve.  For the best color rendition - let the Note 10+ do it's automatic thing.  It's brilliant as a camera.  For the artistic look? Live view is pretty cool . . .

Oh - the original shots up on the Flickr site?  Edited those on the phone with Photoshop Mix to add my watermark and copyright.  And rotate the live view -- the meta data on the photo wasn't letting it rotate correctly.  So, shot, edited, and posted all from the Samsung Note 10+.  Brilliant phone, er, camera.

- Will England

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Journeyman

We can see a big difference, thanks for the test.

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip