cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Impressions of the LG Tribute Dynasty Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Overall Impressions of the LG Tribute Dynasty Sprint Product Ambassadors

Thoughts.jpg

So after a brief romp with the LG Tribute Dynasty, I think LG certainly has a nice little device to offer customers.   Best of all, owning this brand new device will only set you back $145 outright.  This cost is pretty good considering how much other devices (even lesser models) want to charge you.  If you are interested in going the leasing route, there are also good incentives and promotions going on.  Leasing with a Sprint Flex 18-Mo Flex Lease will generally cost very little money out of pocket and give you a remarkably low monthly installment (Check sprint.com for current promotions).   All this for a smart phone that is light weight, comfortable and just does the job.  Rest assured, the LG Tribute Dynasty is a great phone to consider.

Here’s my view:

As I mentioned before, the Tribute Dynasty is built pretty small, lightweight and comfortable.  The size is perfect because you’ll need extra room in your pocket for all the money you just saved. That extra money will come in handy as you’ll have plenty of spending cash for a case (I recommend the OtterBox Commuter Series), accessories or even a safety blanket of money (in case of mishaps). I for one don’t like spending monthly insurance fees and it’s generally hard not to consider one when other phones cost so much. The LG Tribute Dynasty is different.   So, why not spend less on your device and take a chance. Think about it.  Have you even tried to pay for a cracked screen replacement?  In many cases this device would be a cheaper alternative to the repair and one you should consider instead.

I know what you’re thinking.  It’s an inexpensive phone, so how good could it be?  Well, now adays even the most basic devices have generous hardware embellishments and the Tribute Dynasty is no exception to that rule.  Despite its small footprint you still get a 5.0” HD IPS Screen, MediaTek MT6750 1.5GHz Octa-Core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, Android 7.0 and a 2500 mAh Li-Ion battery.  A couple things I like is the device still uses a micro USB cable which keeps all those extra charger and cables still useful and a micro SD slot, making it easy to expand storage options.  Also the battery is replaceable. So if you are the kind of person who like to stock up on extra charged batteries, this phone has you covered.  You also have a normal 3.5mm headphone jack and no silly adaptors needed.  All that above sounds kinda odd to mention but production trends have changed many things and those features you may have been used to are becoming more and more uncommon. (ie: Removable Batteries, Headphone Jacks)

Besides hardware, this phone is, clearly put… a good little Android device.  If you are familiar with other Android phones you shouldn’t require much direction.  I hadn’t any problem running my favorite apps and for most general users this phone was a breeze to operate.   If you are already familiar with LG phones in general, many of the features you’ve grown to love in earlier models are present in the LG Tribute Dynasty as well.  I won’t deny, I am a bit of an LG fanboy and regardless of price point, I’m generally happy with nearly all LG phones I’ve seen.  Although this phone might be considered at the bottom on the food chain, it serves me just fine in most cases.

Whether you have the LG Tribute Dynasty as your daily driver or just a backup, you’ll be pressed to find a better value in today’s market.  At the very least, swing by a Sprint store and get a hands on look at this device and see what you think.  Is it the perfect phone for you, your kids or maybe that relative that loses everything?  At $145, you won’t cry to the bank each time something happens. LG has you covered.  Life is Good indeed.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.