cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3a: 3 Cool Camera Features

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Pixel 3a is a great phone that comes with an equally cool camera. Sure, the phone comes with standard modes like Panorama, Portrait and Video, but I found that it was some of the lesser known modes that really make it standout. Here’s my top 3 camera modes.

1. Night Sight

Traditionally, to get better low light pictures, the camera increases the amount of light by over exposing the picture. With the 3a, Google has found an better way to do this, opting to several brief exposures (up to six seconds or 15 frames) and then combining them all together into one picture. What you get though is a photo taken at night with more color, light and detail that traditional night shooting.

2. Photo Booth

If you like to take selfies, then Photo Booth mode was made for you. When taking a selfie, the camera recognizes multiple facial expressions like “smiles”, “duck face” and “surprise”, just to name a few, and automatically takes the photo. No more trying to get the phone in the right spot, all the while trying to hit the shutter button with your thumb.

3. Time Lapse

With the Pixel 3a, you now get the option to record a Time Lapse. While you can only get a 10 second video, Google does give you some options with the amount of time you can record at. 1x, 5x, 10x, 30x, and 120x. For example, 1x lets you record for 10 seconds, while 120x lets you record for 20 minutes. This is an awesome feature and I can’t wait to see what creative things I can do with it.

Other cool options

Lastly, the camera itself has some cool settings. In addition to settings for HDR controls and camera resolution settings, you can also assign gestures to some of the camera actions and you can enable a warning that will tell you when the camera lens is dirty. For me, it’s the little things that help set google apart from the rest.

Overall, Google does not disappoint with the Pixel 3a and the Camera is one of many reasons for that. What is your impression of the camera? Let me know in the comments below.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee