cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ in Europe

Sprint Product Ambassador

My wife, a professional photographer, and I took the plunge a few months ago and only took our phone cameras on our trip to Hawaii. We were so impressed with the images from the Samsung Galaxy S10+ that we decided to up-the-annite and only take our phone cameras on our dream trip to Europe. This time with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. So... how did it do?

First, let’s do a quick overview of the cameras on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

The Galaxy Note 10+ has four lenses:

1. Primary Lens: 12-megapixel variable aperture (between f/1.5 and f/2.4) with optical image stabilization
  2. Telephoto Lens: 12-megapixel f/2.1 telephoto lens returning a 2x optical zoom
  3. Wide Angle Lens: 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide lens
  4. Front Selfie Lens: 10-megapixel f/2.2 auto-focus selfie lens with 2 focal lengths for when your selfie becomes a groupie.

In addition to the lenses, Samsung has included an LED light and a time-of-flight sensor. The time-of-light sensor is a small laser that measures the distance to the subject.

Primary Lens:

With a variable aperture that goes as low as 1.5, this is the best lens to use at night. This lens did not disappoint us. It was very responsive with great colors and resolution.

20191031_183305.jpgVenice    20191031_182428.jpgParthenon in Athens  20191031_183333.jpgMiramare Castle Northern Italy

Wide Angle Lens:

In Europe I fell in love with the wide-angle lens. Europe is larger than life, and I needed the wide-angle-lens to help me capture all of it. Whether I was trying to capture a scenic view or a narrow city street, the wide-angle lens helped me better capture the whole picture and provide additional context in the image. With the thousands of tourists at every turn, it was also nice to be able to get in front of the crowds and capture the picture instead of backing up into the crowds. As with most wide-angle lenses, there is a little distortion on the edges. You can’t tell in the scenic views, but in some of the close-up shots it is easier to spot. In my next tutorial I will show how to fix the distortion with the Vertical Perspective function within the Samsung Note 10+ camera editor.

20191031_181340.jpgSantorini Greece  Nice.jpgNice France  French Riviera.jpgFrench Riviera  

stPeters.jpgSt. Peter's Square

Telephoto Lens:

On this trip I didn’t use the Telephoto lens as much as I anticipated. It provided great detail the few times that I did use it.

Barcelona.jpgBarcelona   cross.jpgGoudy

Low light:

With one of the lowest apertures on any phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ does an amazing job with images in low lighting. These were taken with my primary lens.

20191016_195449.jpgNight shot of Barcelona  20191031_181046.jpgSun Set over Naples  20191031_183755.jpgBled Slovenia

Conclusion:

I am very satisfied with the quality of images that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ produces . There were a few times that I wish I had our nice DSLR camera. However, with the hundreds of miles we walked, it was really nice to simply pull my Note 10+ out of my pocket and take the picture without lugging around a large camera bag.

Links:

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

Great photos!