cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Spigen Slim Armor Case - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey Everyone!

The Galaxy Note 8 is an extremely gorgeous phone, and it needs to be protected at all times to ensure it remains gorgeous and operational! It’s no secret that devices are becoming costlier to purchase, and a small investment in a case is essential to ensuring your device remains in pristine condition throughout its life with you!

Today I look at the Slim Armor case offered by Spigen for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

PROTECTION IS ESSENTIAL

I have said it once and I’ll say it again: It is absolutely essential that you invest in a case option with your smartphone, no matter the cost. Smartphones are smart, but they aren’t impervious to what life might throw at them. When you’re spending $500+ on a phone, it is wise to invest in its ongoing protection.

Of course, there is Total Equipment Protection Plus offered by Sprint that gives you peace of mind when it comes to mechanical failures, liquid/physical damage, or loss/theft, but that doesn’t fully protect you from all items. Why? It can’t protect your phone when it inevitably drops from your pocket onto a concrete surface. In addition to the TEP+ offered by Sprint, a case to protect your device is critical. Sure, you can shell out some money for a repair in a Sprint Repair Location when something happens, but wouldn’t you rather continue going about your day and not have to make a trip to the store because your phone broke? Sure you would!

Spigen Slim Armor

Enter the Spigen Slim Armor Case!

20180127_061022.jpg

Spigen is a case brand that I know and love. I invest in a Spigen case on virtually every smartphone I purchase because I know that Spigen’s cases provide superior protection and maximum functionality.  You may have read a blog or two of mine in reference to Spigen, and my love for the brand is still strong.

Unfortunately, these cases are still not offered by Sprint; however, as Sprint continues to expand its accessory portfolio, I can only expect that Spigen will make a debut in the future. In the meantime, you can purchase Spigen accessories at Spigen.com or via other online marketplaces. Here’s a link to the Slim Armor for the Note 8. The cost is absolutely worth the investment here.

Look & Feel

The look and feel of the case on the Note 8 is superb. I have full functionality of the device, while still maintaining maximum protection.

As you can see in the images below, the screen is not hindered by the case. Although the case does not appear to fully enclose the screen, I do have added bumper protection should the device fall on its sides. In addition, the slight lift of the case on the top and bottom allow for a cushioned fall if it happened to fall face down. I will say that this works mostly on a flat surface, so if you drop it onto rocks you might have a bit of an opportunity for cracks or other damage (face-down drops only).

20180127_061244.jpg20180127_061250.jpg

The ports on the device remain open and accessible, unlike other cases, and the buttons are easy to press.

20180127_061222.jpg

The added kickstand, which seems to be a staple with many Spigen products, allows me to set my device down while I enjoy a show or movie on Hulu.  Speaking of Hulu, did you know you can get it FREE with Sprint?  Yes, free. Check out my counterpart’s blog here to learn how to get it today.

20180127_061329.jpg20180127_061347.jpg

Conclusion

Overall, the case is a superior option for protecting your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. There are many other case brands, both in higher and lower price points, but I believe the Spigen brand is a truly worthwhile investment.

Do yourself, and your future wallet, a favor and invest in a case option today. You will appreciate it immediately upon dropping your device, which is inevitable for many people!

As always, thank you for stopping by to read this!  

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Manager

Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.