cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+: One Camera to Rule Them All

Sprint Product Ambassador

One Camera to Rule Them All

This last month my wife, a professional photographer, and I experienced our first vacation without a professional camera. Normally we travel with 2 DSLR cameras, 4 lenses, 3 memory cards, and several packs of batteries. These are all packed tightly into a camera backpack that we take with us everywhere.

My wife shocked me when she recommended leaving the camera bag at home since I was taking my Samsung Galaxy S10+. I immediately felt the pressure on me to be able to capture the amazing sights of Maui with only my phone camera. So how did it fare?

About the Camera:

First let me tell you about the cameras on the S10+. The Galaxy S10+ has 5 cameras built into the phone with optical image stabilization, auto HDR, up to 10X digital zoom, tracking auto focus, and HDR10+ recording.

Rear Cameras

• 12-megapixel telephoto lens with a 2.4 aperture (good for taking pictures in the dark), and a 45-degree Field Of View (FOV).
  • 12-megapixel wide angel lens with dual aperture (1.5/2.4) (great for taking pictures in the dark) and a 77-degree FOV.
  • 16-megapixel ultra-wide lens with a 2.2 aperture (good for taking pictures in the dark), and an impressive 123-degree FOV to capture everything.

Impressions of the Camera:

• The camera captured the vibrant colors of Hawaii
  • The auto focus was quick, accurate, and worked really well
  • The three different lenses make it very easy to switch between telephoto, wide angle and ultra-wide with a press of the button.
  • My wife loves the Pro mode that enables her to easily change the white balance, AF, aperture, ISO, and shutter speed.
  • The Panorama images were a little distorted
  • The filters are easy to use with the ability to download additional filters if you want.

Examples: (Note: These are pictures taken by my amateur eye)

beach_small.jpg  

flower_small.jpg

sunset_small.jpg

So how did the Samsung S10 Galaxsy 10+ camera held up to a professional photographer’s expectation during a week-long trip to beautiful Maui?

Let’s just say that a couple weeks later on our trip to McCall Idaho, our camera bag stayed home.

McCall_small.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. All quotes are from Disney’s Pinocchio #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

I have been following multiple post and the Samsung Galaxy S10+ camera has out performed all the other phones currently under review.

BTW - those are some cool picture examples!