cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus – AKG Y100 by Harman – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey Everyone!

The Samsung GS10+ includes an AKG wired headset in the box, which sound pretty good already. However, wires can be a pain in the butt these days. I know, I know, the headphone jack is an important piece of any phone – I agree.  However, certain situations are more convenient through using Bluetooth. 

I wanted to take a moment to discuss the Samsung AKG Y100 Bluetooth Headphones available from Samsung.

I find myself listening to music, podcasts, or baseball throughout my day quite often. During baseball season, it’s nearly constant (Go Yankees!), even when I’m at the office.  I need a set of headphones that are comfortable, long-lasting, and provide great sound quality.  The AKG Y100 Bluetooth headphones do all of the above!

The AKG Y100 by Harman headphones are a breeze to set up and even easier to use.  They’re lightweight on your ears and your neck, and keep you tangle free when you’re trying to do multiple things at once.  Using wired headphones is fine, but when you’re sitting at a desk and needing to move around a bit, it can be a bit cumbersome.

Setup –

The setup is a breeze.  Simply pull them out of the box, power them on, and pair with your device of choice. Of course, I’m using my Samsung GS10+, but these headphones will work well with any other handset.

The box contains the headphones, a carry pouch, S/M/L buds, and a USB charging cable. Out of the box, my headphones had about 60% battery life, so I was able to put them to use right away.

Use:

The AKG Y100 by Harman are easy to use with the logically placed buttons.  Skipping songs, changing volume, powering off and on are all fairly straightforward. If you happen to forget, you can refer to the handy guide included in the box.

One added benefit on the Y100 headphones is the ambient sensor.  When this is turned on (dedicated button on the left side of the headphones), it allows audio to pass through the headphones from the outside so you can still hear your surroundings.  This is a highly beneficial feature when using the headphones in an office setting when people might talk to you or when in an airport or similar where announcements might be critical to hear.  This feature does decrease the audio volume, so it may not be something you want to turn on constantly if you don’t need it.  You’ll know it’s on by the white LED light on the headphone control module.  

An additional benefit is dual pairing. I can use these headphones to connect to my phone for music and calls, but I can also connect to my PC so that I can attend conference calls with ease.  I never have to decide which device I want to connect to because once they’re paired, they connect automatically when powered on!

Final thoughts

I really like these headphones. They provide great audio quality for a wide range of music and formats, have an ambient sensor to allow me to pay attention to my surroundings while still rocking out, and the battery life is exceptional.  I can power through an entire workday with these bad boys in without worrying about charging again. 

If you’re in the market for great wireless headphones that won’t break the bank, look no further than the AKG Y100 Bluetooth headphones from Samsung!

20190804_093110.jpg20190804_093115.jpg20190804_093342_HDR.jpg20190804_093356.jpg