cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Active = Awesome Battery Life - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy S8 Active = Awesome Battery Life - Sprint Product Ambassadors

20180128_100825.jpg

So another trend among smartphones today is an internally sealed, non-replaceable and non-expandable battery.  This method actually has many perks (which I’ll mention below) but you’ll also get stuck with what they give you and depending on the choices made, you may find yourself running on empty when you most need it. 

Thankfully though, the Galaxy S8 Active will leave you stranded.  As equipped, it has all the endurance of a marathon runner, thanks to a generous 4,000 mAh battery.   This feature is rather heaven sent when it comes to users that nervously tick away on their phone all day (myself included).  With the S8 Active, use your device freely and still expect to have some battery left for the commute home.   Since switching to the Galaxy S8 Active, I can truly say charging is generally an afterthought and only even considered, long after 6PM when I’m already home and settled in.

6PM?  What’s up with that, right?  That’s not too long.  Well, let me explain as my day might differ from yours.  My work day starts at 7AM and from the moment my phone is off the charger (4:30AM), my phones get rode hard and always juggling multiple tasks.  I monitor my home security several times a day, steam music, video and generally use my phone for everything even though a suitable computer is always within arm’s reach.  With this use, most handsets will get me through 2PM with 15-20% left on the battery but I generally will need an hour on the charger just to give me safe peace of mind (for the ride home).  The S8 Active however, gives me extra time to be lazy.  I leave the phone off the charger, see a strong battery life remaining and don’t worry about things.

Speaking of worrying, let’s get back to the whole internally sealed battery thing. 

If you Love it or hate it, the idea of something sealed, inaccessible and protected is the whole reason you seek out a phone like the S8 Active. Much like everything on this phone, the battery is under lock and key.  Lots of attention to detail has been done and I tend to take some comfort, knowing this virtual power plant of a battery isn’t easily compromised.  You get a little extra weight with this big battery but weight to me equals manliness as with the attention to protection and durability. If ever a Viking was to need a phone, this is one they’d choose.

Another thing that should be mentioned, although seldom needed is this phone supports Adaptive Fast Charging and Quick Charge 2.0 standard.  This means even if you find yourself needing a charge, it won’t take you very long to get this battery back up to speed.  I know this feature is particularly good when coordinating air travel and when a short lay over might be all the time you have between flights or other type ground travel.  

Anyways, the bottom line of this blog is just to further express the battery life on the S8 Active is just another thing that shines bright and a strong point of consideration if you need a phone that is both tough and strong. Rest assured, the S8 takes you further, longer, and in conditions that other phones dread. Until next blog, remember the S8 Active is one tough soldier in your tech army.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.