cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Active and Bixby, Your Virtual Assistant - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

If you’re into virtual assistants… such as Siri and Google Now/Home Assistant, Samsung has you covered with Bixby! bixby1.PNG

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active comes equipped with Bixby. Bixby is a virtual assistant for the Samsung Note 8, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Active devices. Bixby listens, sees with the camera app, reminds you, recommends items, translates text, and much more.  It makes a helpful assistant indeed.

It is simple to use Bixby. To access Bixby on your GS8 Active device, press and hold the lower button on the left edge of your screen (below the volume controls).

Through Bixby, you can talk and use voice commands to tell it what you want it to do.  Bixby can do things such as opening apps, playing music playlists, launching videos, sending texts, sending photos, navigation, put your phone on vibrate, and much more.  

One of the items I enjoy with Bixby is its integration with the camera.  For example, I was trying to identify what type of plant my plant was (I don't recall as it was a gift), took its picture, launched Bixby within the photo app and then saw an assortment of images of plants similar to that of mine, until I found the one that matched. Another cool thing with Bixby and your camera is text translation in pictures. Also… you can shop with your camera. Just take a pic of what your wanting to buy online, launch Bixby in the photo app, and shop online!

Another unique thing with Bixby is that you can create custom commands. Just visit your My Bixby page and select commands to create a custom voice command. You can launch multiple apps with a single voice command.

As you can see, Bixby works with a lot of popular apps:  bixbylabandapps.PNG

To see this from the device just hold down the Bixby button and say “Show me the voice apps.”  Also, be sure to opt into Bixby Labs enabling you to extend your Bixby functionality. 

bixby2.PNG

To learn more about Bixby, visit… https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/bixby/.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors