cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9+ First Impressions/Quick Overview: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Wow! I have been using the Samsung Galaxy S9+ for over a week now and just WOW.  The device is incredible.

Right out of the box, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ is beautiful. It has a sleek design, with the curved edges for its Infinity display.

The device itself is 6.2 inches tall, 2.9 inches wide, and .33 inches thick. Because the device is only 2.9 inches wide, it makes this 6.2 inch device easy to hold with one hand, and makes one hand operation doable. It is also pretty lightweight at weighing only 6.67 oz.

The Infinity display is beautiful. It has a curved 6.2 inch Curved Super AMOLED Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440), 18.5:9, 529 ppi display. This display makes it look as though content is floating on the device. Truly gorgeous. gs94.jpg

This is the fastest device I have ever used.  However, I suppose with each device release, phones get better and faster each time for the most part, right? In any case, the GS9+ loads apps in an instant as is has a whopping 6GB of RAM!  I remember when our computers didn’t even have 6GB of RAM. This 6GB of RAM is utilized well and really helps this device to be quick when running apps and operating the device.

Speaking of speed, the GS9+ has an Octa core 10nm process. Compared to Samsung’s 14nm process, the 10nm process uses up to 40% less power while providing an up to 27% performance increase. The 10nm in the GS9 series is similar to that of the GS8 series, which also used 10nm. Only the max on the Octa core is 2.3 GHz + 1.7GHz on the GS8, versus max 2.7GHz + 1.7GHz on the GS9+. With having used both devices, the Galaxy S9+ seems faster to me, and I suppose that is due to the extra RAM and slight speed increase in the process.

Regarding storage, Sprint carries the Samsung Galaxy S9+ in the 64GB model.  That gives you some great storage space right out of the box, however, should you need more room (to house your media, etc.), the Samsung Galaxy S9+ will support a microSD card of up to 400GB.  Yes, 400GB. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? How much does 400GB actually hold, file-wise? So just for fun, this Wired article by Brian Barrett tells you:

Capture.PNG

The battery on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ is a 3500 mAh battery which gives you a good full day of use, if not more.  I have been finding that I can go almost two days without charging. The GS9+ supports fast charging (both wired and wireless).

The Samsung Galaxy S9+ comes in three colors…

Midnight Black:black.PNG

Coral Blue:blue.PNG

Lilac Purple:purple.PNG

There is much more to write about for the GS9+ and my further posts will go into more detail.

If you’re interested in buying the Samsung Galaxy S9+, you can find it in your local Sprint store http://sprintstorelocator.com or purchase it online at: https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/cell-phones/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus.html

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors