cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 vs the S8 Active. What matters: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

So you want a new the new Samsung S8 and now are suddenly confused seeing there are two different versions of the same device. The more well-known S8 seems to be everywhere but there is also the intriguing S8 Active.

What is the difference and why pay more for the S8 Active over the other S8 model.

From guts standpoint, there really is very little other than a couple of very important factors. Look at the specs and you will find they both come with the same camera, processor, memory etc. Size is similar as well with the enhanced exterior creating just a slightly larger footprint for the S8. As you can tell from the shattered glass of my first S8, having the more rugged design is something a butter finger person like myself will really need.

20180204_084915-COLLAGE.jpg

To me, the big difference which after several weeks of use makes that make this the S8 device to have is the battery.

The S8 Active comes loaded with a 4,000 mAh battery as opposed to the 3,000 mAh of the similarly sized S8. The S8 plus has the 3,500 mAh battery. The 1,000 mAh advantage is huge if you are like me and a heavy user that does not want to feel stress around having to charge the device by the end of each day. My battery experience has been so good that I am finding no need to charge other than about every day and a half.

Now I am one of those fill up the tank at half empty kind people which has translated to how I see the battery percentage remaining on my devices as well. As soon as I am under 40%, it seems my mind starts to focus on the need for more power!

No worries with the S8 Active thanks to the extra juice. There are other reasons to love this device including the rugged exterior, nice color, and extra MIL-STD-810G compliance but at the end of the day, it is the battery that for me is making this a real win.  

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee