cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 Water Tests

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung S9 water resistant

The test that I am always the most afraid to try when getting a new phone is the water test. Despite Samsung claiming the S9 can go underwater up to almost 5 feet for 30 minutes, I was worried that my new favorite phone would be ruined. I started the water test by holding the phone in my hand and putting it in and out of a running faucet and no issue with the phone so I got bold and decided to let the S9 go swimming. The S9 did enjoy swimming and I came across no issues although an alert did come up to indicate there was water near charting port and may need to dry out prior to charging. As with the S8 active, I tested a while back you are unable to press any buttons while the phone is submerged. It does not float on its own so if you were to take it on a river and it fell out of boat it would still sink but once you found the phone it would still be useable.Screenshot_20180601-160407_Gallery.jpgS9 get the thumbs up

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”