cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say "Hello Moto" Meet the Moto Z2 Fource: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am going to have to admit that I have a special place in my heart for the Motorola brand. I can still recall back in the day when Motorola completely dominated the cell phone market with the famous “brick” phone and later the world’s most innovative and popular flip phones. Back in my sales days must have programmed hundreds if not more than a thousand Motorola phones. Twenty-five plus years later I can still recall the programming instructions.

Those days are long gone and Motorola is more a brand than a company now they are fully owned and operated by Lenovo. That does not mean however the days of innovation are gone.

20170814_090227-COLLAGE.jpg

The Moto Z2 Force is a flagship level device for the company with some high-end specs and the price level to match. What makes it different from the crowd is the shatter proof display and the range of attachable accessories known as moto mods. More on all of this later after we get a listing of the device specs and my out of the box impressions out of the way.

Here are the specs and some key features:

• Android 7.1.1  
  • 5.5 inch Shatterproof Quad HD 1440p POLED display
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 processor – 2.35 GHz Octa-Core CPU and Adreno 540 GPU
  • 12 MP dual rear cameras. One color and one B&W
  • 5 MP Front facing camera with dual LED flash and wide angle
  • Video up to 4K 30 FPS
  • Battery 2730 mAh 
  • “TurboPower” charging that adds 8 hours of power in 15 minutes
  • 64GB of memory with 4GB of RAM
  • Memory expandable with mico SD card up to 2TB
  • Water repellent nano-coating (think splash but not dunk proof) 
  • Capable of 1 Giga-bit speeds on the Sprint network 
  • Moto Mods--Speaker, projector batteries and more that attach magnetically to device
  • Moto Actions--Use gestures to launch camera and other functions
  • Bluetooth 4.2 (will upgrade to 5.0 with next Android OS)
  • Fingerprint scanner

What stands out

Of all the specs and features, the two things that stand out for the Moto Z2 force is the shatterproof screen and the Moto Mods attachments. I will go into more detail in a future post about these after more time to try the device out. The screen is a big deal as I am quite prone to drop and break devices.

The dual camera and effects that will allow when taking pictures is another feature that I am excited to try.

Being able to blur a background with other effects it not unusual. What is especially interesting here is that the second camera is monochrome which is going to allow for some very interesting shooting options.

The Android purest will love this device as the 7.1.1 OS on the device is very close to stock. This will keep the phone running smoothly for weeks and months to come.   

There is an exciting promotion for this Z2 Force at launch with the Moto Mod projector included at no cost from Motorola. This is an outstanding offer since this Mod has a retail cost of $299. When you consider this it makes the flagship price of the Z2 seem more of a deal.

Of course for something like this supplies will be limited and the promotion could end at any time. See Sprint.com for current pricing and promotions.  

A couple of watch-outs

The shatterproof design is a due to the screen being made of plastic rather than glass like most other devices. The is a lot of feedback that the plastic scratches easily and as a result, many are recommending a screen shield to be placed on the device right away.

The Z2 gave up having a headphone jack to help the phone be even smaller. That is not a big deal to me as I gave up wires for headsets a long time ago. If a concern for you there is an adaptor included that will allow a headphone through the USB-C jack.

Overall the build quality and feel of this device is worthy of the Motorola heritage and of being the flagship at this time for the brand.

Stay tuned for future posts

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee