cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security & Other Helpful Features, Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Let's talk Security first.  The Note 8 has several different security features which allows you to choose which one you prefer best.  Here are the list of options.

1. Screen Lock Type:
    1. Swipe
    2. Pattern
    3. PIN
  2. Face Recognition
  3. Fingerprint Scanner
  4. Iris Scanner

The first one is essentially your old school options and then you get to the advance options.  At first I thought my favorite would be the Iris Scanner, but it turns out I like the Facial Recognition better.  To use the Iris scanner it brings up a picture of just the top of your head and has two circles you need to center your eyes in.  It's still fast, but with the facial recognition on, it just unlocks the device right away without having to center your eyes on anything.

The Note 8 has some additional features that can be helpful for security purposes or if you require less security can be useful in everyday life.  When your screen is locked you can choose if you want your notifications on and if you do you can choose to display them on the lock screen for you to read or choose to hide that information so it isn't on the lock screen.  Very helpful if you work with proprietary information and don't want subject lines from your emails popping up there.  Here's how you hide the content. 

1. Open Settings
  2. Select Lock Screen and Security
  3. Select Notifications
  4. Select Hide content

The next feature I find very useful is the Music controller that resides within the Lock Screen & Security settings.  Essentially, this allows your music application to stay on your locked screen when you using allowing quick access to change songs or pause without unlocking the device.  I use this feature all day long when I have headphones in or if I'm going for a run.  Below is how you turn it on.

1. Open Settings
  2. Select Lock Screen and Security
  3. Select Information & Face Widgets
  4. Select Face Widgets
  5. Select Music controller

One thing I have noticed is if you use the facial recognition and the music controller at the same time the user experience changes a little when trying to control your music application.  It isn't as easy to get it to pop up on the screen and if you look at your phone it takes you to your home screen.  That may not happen for everybody as I have my watch connected to the music application on my phone so that may be creating the different experience.  Thank you for reading.  

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.