cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven Unique Features Of The Moto Z2 Force - Sprint Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Motorola and a huge amount of memory out of the box. But as I’ve been using the phone for several weeks now, I thought I’d highlight some of its lesser known, but equally powerful features.

Moto Actions

Moto actions allow you to control several different functions of the device by simple movements of the phone. Make a chopping motion with the phone and you’ll turn the flashlight on. Twist the phone back and forth and you’ll open the camera quickly. Flipping the phone onto its face will place the phone in do not disturb, while you can set the phone so that picking it up will stop the phone from ringing when a call is coming in. You can swipe down on the screen to make it easier for one handed use and swipe over the screen to trigger the notification display. It took some getting use to and certainly some practice in their use, but once I got the hang of it, I loved using them, especially the flashlight.motoaction1a.PNGOne Button Nav

One button navigation allows you to use the fingerprint sensor to navigate. Swipe left and you’ll be taken to your most recent apps. Swipe right and you’ll be taken back. I like the idea of the one button navigation, but let’s be honest, two options is pretty paltry and I hope Motorola expands it with an update in the future.motoaction3a.PNG

Moto Display

With Moto Display you get two different display options. First, with ‘Night Display’, you can set your screen to automatically reduce the blue light that emanates from the screen at preset times of your choosing. Motorola believes this will have a more positive impact while you are sleeping. Second, with ‘Moto Display’, notifications fade in and out while the screen is off. Both are super handy and I wish more phones had functions like these. motodisplay1a.PNG

Display Size

Motorola included several features that allow you change and tailor the display to your liking. In addition to the standard options that we’ve all become accustomed to like ‘Wallpaper’ and ‘Brightness level’, I found a lesser known options to be particularly useful. With Display Size, you now have the option to change the items on your display to either be  small, medium or large. They even include a sample of what the changes look like. This isn’t simply increasing the Font size on the display, but rather all of the objects and texts, which is really nice. This may be a small feature, but it was one that I found to be rather useful.

displaysize1a.PNG

App Shortcuts

Do you ever find yourself in a rush and wish you could get to the function in your application faster? I know I have. Well with App Shortcuts, Motorola has literally given you that power at your fingertips. Long press on the application and submenus will ‘pop up’ giving you quick access to different functions. For example, when I long press on Gmail, it gave me the option to compose a new email as well as allowing me to select the 3 different accounts I have synched. When I tried it on Hangouts, I was given the option to send either a voice call, a video call or a chat message. While the feature is app specific, I was surprised at the large number of apps that support the function and I hope that more apps add support for this feature.appshortcut1a.PNGBattery Saver

I know what you’re saying, every phone has a battery saver, and you’re right, they do. But when Motorola claims it will save your battery, they weren’t kidding. I decided to conduct a test and see just how well it worked, so I played my spotify app continuously for multiple hours while I was at work one day. I started out with a fresh battery and after about 4 hours, I was at 87%. I know this may not seem like much, but under the same conditions without the battery saver turned out, I found the battery would be down to about 70-65%, so in my opinion, this was a big difference.batterysave1a.PNG

System UI Tuner

The last feature, System UI Tuner, I found almost by happenstance. With System UI Tuner, Motorola has given you access to some unique and extra ways to customize the user interface. This menu option is initially hidden, so to find it, you’ll need to pull down the notification tray and then long press on the Settings ‘Cog’ for about 3 seconds. You’ll feel the phone vibrate slightly and a message will tell you that the System UI Tuner has been added to the System menu. So what can the System UI Tuner do? Well for starters, you’re given the option to remove or change different Icons from the status bar at the top of the phone. You can also tweak the power notification controls for different apps. I’ll admit that there aren’t a lot of options in this menu, but for those that really like to dig in and find all the hidden features of the phone, you’ll definitely want to play around with this feature. systemui1a.PNG

As I use the Moto Z2 Force more and more, i’ve found myself really digging this phone and all the interesting features that lay beneath the surface. This is just a small sample and I encourage you to keep digging into the phone and exploring what it has to offer, I know I will be.

Found any other cool features not listed above? I’d love to hear what you’ve discovered and what you like about them in the comments below.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.