cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shatterproof? So Far, So Good with Moto Z2 Force Edition - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Shatterproof?  So Far, So Good with Moto Z2 Force Edition - Sprint Product Ambassadors

IMG_20170823_090313_01.jpg

Ah the spider-crack, something all too familiar for many smart phone owners.  Seeing it often results in a deep lesson in tolerance, a hefty bill at the repair shop or at worst case scenario… a new phone.   If you have experienced this, I’m you sure can relate and Motorola certainly feels your pain.  That’s why the Moto Z2 Force Edition promises you a bit of safeguarding towards these unfortunate mishaps with a new shatterproof design thanks to new Moto ShatterShield™.  Sounds pretty good right?  Does it work?

Well, without risking too much embarrassment, I’ll clearly say I’ve seen enough evidence to support these claims. How so?  Well… I first must inform you I’m a bit of a klutz when it comes to phones and the Moto Z2 Force Edition is no exception to my butter fingers of doom.  Since owning this phone, this device has slipped away from me several times.  Sometimes from hand to ground, other times from table stand to ground and a couple other times in situations a little too random to believe.  Regardless of drop method, my horrible luck always seems to result in a screen on ground scenario.

Thankfully each time (so far) my fate resulted in a safe and undamaged screen.  Sounds so far, so good right?

Well, let’s mix this recipe up a bit.  What about when you add some Moto Mods, like the Soundboost2?  Added weight now gives a deeper impact, right?  That’s my understanding anyways.  Well, again even when you add an additional 4.7oz of mass to the back of the Moto Z2 Force Edition, I find two things pretty constant: I still have awful luck with this device ending screen down and regardless (thankfully so) the screen has consistently remained safe and sound (Pun Intended).

Ok, is it just me?  Is it just luck?  What about a little guarantee beyond what my meager testimony?  Well again, Motorola has you covered by proving a bit of a guarantee.  As written:

“The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of purchase. This phone is not shockproof or designed to withstand all damage from dropping. All other warranty exclusions, including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, normal wear and tear and other limitations apply; visit Motorola.com for details and warranty coverage.”*

*= from Motorola.com

It pretty much says, although no phone is totally indestructible this shatterproof screen is guaranteed not to be the weakest link (Which a screen often is).  I guess that’s more than a fair claim with 4 years being a rather generous duration to honor.  Do you know of any other device that carries such a warranty?  Think about it for a moment and then check out a Moto Z2 Force Edition in person. 

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.