cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch: The 5 min Phone Swap! - Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

As a product ambassador, I love that I get to play with new phones and see what works for me and share my thoughts with others. However, sometimes the excitement of a new phone is overpowered by the dread of transitioning everything on my existing phone over to my new phone. I normally spend hours swapping out the phone and setting everything up how I like it. Who has hours to set up a phone?

Last week I transitioned from my Galaxy S9+, that I loved, to the new Galaxy S10+. It was like Christmas opening the new box and seeing the beautiful S10+. After the initial excitement of getting the new phone, dread came over me as I realized that I didn’t have time to set it up. That beautiful device sat on my desk calling to me for 2 days until I had some free time to set it up. 

When I turned on the phone, a very pleasant voice greeted me and walked me through the steps to swap my phone and transfer everything over. Using my Sprint phone number and PIN it connected with my Sprint account and had me select which phone I wanted to swap. In less than a minute my account was swapped, and I didn’t have to go into my Sprint account on another device to initiate the swap.

The Samsung Galaxy S10+ automatically had me use Smart Switch and wirelessly transitioned all my settings over from my Galaxy S9+ to my new Galaxy S10+ including: txt messages, alarm settings, wall paper, do not disturb settings, and contacts. It was AWESOME!!!!!! In a couple minutes it wirelessly moved everything over.  

The last step was to sync my Gmail and Samsung accounts. This automatically started to download all my apps and calendar events.

The whole process to transition from the Samsung Galaxy S9+ to the Samsung Galaxy S10+ took about 5 minutes. That’s right 5 minutes. Smart Switch took a process that normally takes me hours and condensed it down to 5 minutes. The worst part of the transition was realizing that I had missed out on using this great phone for 2 days while it sat on my desk waiting for me to activate it.

Thank you, Samsung, for eliminating the dreaded inconvenience of swapping phones. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee Images from Samsung website.