cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So who in the Flip is this phone for? Alcatel Go Flip.

Sprint Product Ambassador
Well the Go Flip phone and I have now parted ways, I’ll be onto my next device next week. Over the month with the phone, the question I got more than any others (well, besides “Is that a flip phone) was “Who does Sprint think this device would be good for?” or sometimes just “Who would actually use that device?” Actually, many people would use that device. It may hard to believe, but there were many people on Facebook when I posted my blogs on it who commented with a “I still don’t have a smart phone – I’d use that”. Or some people who said that their parents would want it – or even they would want it for their tweens first phone. So to break it down by user: Non- techie: You need a good phone with LTE and texting, but you don’t need applications on your phone. You want internet and the ability to check things out, but you don’t need to be hyper connected. Not checking email every 5 minutes won’t hurt you, or your work. Grandparents: I cringe when I say that, but I know that my mom would have actually loved this phone. We got her the iPhone many years ago so we could track it (and her) but she still gets confused about the buttons. And old fashioned way of dialing but a smart phone would have been a better transition for her. Tween: My own kids would not agree, but I do think if you have a tween-ager who is not yet ready for a real cell phone, this would be a great introduction. They would be hipsters at least if nothing else (No snapchat, but hey they can at least text and watch their favorite You Tube stars). There is a market for the Alcatel Go Flip. Hope you share this information with those who might like this phone! Until next time! The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.