cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spigen Slim Armor for Galaxy S8

Sprint Product Ambassador

Galaxy-S8_2-750x500.jpg

s8_plus_sa_detail_07_metalslate_2048x2048.jpg

Samsung’s Galaxy S8 looks like a piece of art.  It’s a slick slab of glass and metal.  All of its surfaces are smooth and shiny.  It is also slippery.  I wouldn’t think of using this phone without a good case.  I admit I’ve used a bunch of cheap cases from eBay for phones I’ve owned in the past, but there is a certain peace of mind that comes with getting a well-designed and well manufactured, quality case.  While there are a lot of good brands out there that I would trust and even recommend, my personal favorite is Spigen out of Irvine, California.  By the way, they pronounce it, “Speegen”, with a long E and a hard G.  Spigen's cases for the S8

I chose the Slim Armor as I’ve had good experiences with this design in the past, and I really dig the kickstand.  The case is rigid in the middle, and flexible on the sides and ends, providing little air pockets at the corners that cushion your phone if it falls.

s8_plus_sa_detail_01_metalslate_2048x2048.jpgThe S8 has three buttons on the left side of the phone, and one button on the right side.  All three buttons actually feel better and are easier to use with this case on.

There is a rectangle window on the back that allows full use of the camera, led light, and fingerprint scanner.  A tiny hole on the top allows the top microphone to still function, while four holes on the bottom permitting the functioning of the headset jack, USB port, bottom microphone, and speaker.s8_plus_sa_detail_08_metalslate_2048x2048.jpg

The case adds protection without adding much bulk, plus it’s not goofy looking.  Not only are you protected from drops, but the case doesn’t suck up fingerprints as easily as the glass back of the S8.  By the way, the NFC chip still works perfectly, so you can keep on using Android Pay and / or Samsung Pay.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee