cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC 5G Hub - First Thoughts

Sprint Product Ambassador

Now remember, I am new to the world of both entertainment hubs and hotspots. So getting the HTC Hub set up will be a 2 step process. First, I needed to get it on and working as a hub - next blog I'll start working on getting the TalkBack and Assistant features set up (with video!). 

Getting it out of the box and turning it on is very intuitive though. The steps I did (knowing I would do more advanced steps later) were: 

1. Took out box and plugged it in and turned it on. 
  2. Chose language then read and agreed to the terms of use.
  3. Checked Wi-Fi hotspot name and password. (Note: wish I knew then I could have changed the password - which I did later for my family, we needed something we could remember). 
  4. Signed in to my Google® Account (since this is a device being used by my family, I turned off notifications from email, etc on it). 
  5. Set a screen lock with a PIN. 
  6. Chose device mode: HTC 5G Hub mode or Android. I chose Hub, since it features the Dashboard with hotspot information and quick access to its settings (Like how I have mine set up in photo below).  

20190813_093108.jpg

So I have it up and running now.  So far though I've used it for only a hotspot (has come in handy for volunteer meetings at my house, worked well when we had 8 devices connected). And we've used it to play music too from Amazon Music. 

But the big draw of the HTC 5G Hub is that it is 5G. Unfortunately, for now, I am just a few miles outside of the 5G footprint in Chicagoland. BUT, running the speedtest still showed some good speeds. I'm bringing it into the city this weekend, so looking forward to seeing how fast we can go. 20190813_093252.jpgcheck out that download speed!

Next up will be TalkBack and Google Assistant - and let's hope it understands me! 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee