cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG Dynasty Tips and Tricks #1

Sprint Product Ambassador

At the time of this post the device can be purchased out right for $145.00, or leased through our Sprint's Flex program at a very reasonable $5 per month.  These days popular device models are an investment so it is good to see some lighter purchase options available.    If you do choose the Dynasty I want you to get the most out of the experience so I will be writing a series of tips and tricks to help out.  My first post will focus on a very nice feature to have during activation called LG Mobile Switch.   There is a lot of excitement when activating a new device but with that come some effort as well via general set up steps and transferring content from a previous device.   LG helps with the later by offering the Mobile Switch app which provides much appreciated flexibility in how it transfers content and then what content to transfer.   

Connectivitytransfer selection.jpgChoose your Weapon

Three choices let you determine how you proceed with transferring content from your old device.   I chose wireless through a WiFi direct connection as I didn't have a cable or SD card readily available, but know they are options.   I can't speak to the difference in speed between the three but I have to assume the wired and card options are faster if that is your preference.   The wireless option wasn't slow by any means, end to end execution took less than 10 minutes.  

content selection.jpgCheck Box Flexibility

Content Selection 

LG's transfer app isn't an all in scenario which is good, like me you might have a ton of unused or unwanted content from your previous device and have no interest in transferring those files to the Dynasty.   The options here are pretty straight forward, if you are interested in all data within a category simply leave the default check in place.   Should you want to target specific areas within a particular content category deselect the main check and then choose the subcategories of interest.   For example in the Media data category you may only want to transfer photos and documents, deselecting Media data and selecting only those two subcategories will limit the transfer to just those two selections within the category.   

Once content is selected the rest of the process is automatic, you will get to see progress in the transmission of the data then the progress of saving said data on the Dynasty.  No action required thereafter so just sit back and let it do it's thing.   Easy, straight forward, and flexible.   A great tool enabling you to start off on the right foot with the Dynasty, more tips to follow in the coming weeks so stay tuned. 

Until Next Time, 

Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”