cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – A candid camera assessment of the Motorola e4 plus

Sprint Product Ambassador

So for the Motorola e4+, I also tried to take a lot of photos in different situation to see the photo quality for normal daily use.  I am not a photographer by any means so my judgement is not in terms of strict photography but mainly for the novice users.

I tried to capture a photo of a plant below so we can have a general idea of the lens sharpness.  All the leaves look sharp at the edges and corners of the photos. The lighting looks very reasonable to me. I would rate it as very good.Image1706457157.jpg

A close up photo of a flower from the camellias plant above.  It was a bit hard to focus on the center of the flower because the hand could not be as steady to keep the camera still at the distance where the focus point was selected; therefore the photo is not as sharp as I expected.  Maybe, if the software allows tracking focus than this can be better here.  But overall, I think the photo is presentable and I would be able to share with my friends and social media.Image786206895.jpg

Again, I use my model Bowie to take this photo here.  Bowie was sitting under the chair in a relative dark lighting condition.  I was surprised about the quality of the resulting image. You can see a little bit of noise on the great post of the plastic fence, but Bowie's eyes are pretty sharp.Image1792518969.jpg

The photo below is Bowie hiding in his cage, and it was in a very dark condition.  I think it is a very good capture, good lighting and not so much noise.Image1702034669.jpg

Overall, if the top phone camera today is rated a score of 10, I would subjectively rate this Motorola e4 plus a score of 6.  I really believe it is good enough for most social media photos. Not too bad for a phone that is a quarter of the cost of the top phones.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

At the cost-point of this device, it packs a pretty good camera!  Nice to see Motorola focus on this aspect, even in its budget-friendly device lineup!  Great write up, Hung!