cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – A glimpse of Sprint_5G in Reston VA from the LG V50 ThinQ

Sprint Product Ambassador

Having owned the LG V50 ThinQ for over two months, I can't wait to test out the Sprint 5G in Washington DC.  From Sprint, the launch will be a few weeks away.

Last week, during my lunch time walk, I accidentally saw a 5G symbol on my LG V50, so surprised as the launch has not been announced. I quickly started the Ookla speedtest on my phone.  It must be that the 5G was enabled for testing or something, as the phone toggled between 5G and LTE while I was walking.

Below is the screen capture of the speedtest results:

Capture+_2019-08-09-12-12-58.pngYou can see the 5G symbol on the status bar

The results show 5G is more than twice as fast as LTE.  I cannot wait until the official launch date to roam around the 5G deployment area to test out the power of the LG V50 ThinQ 5G phone!

Watch this space.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.