cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Galaxy Note 8 video stabilizer

Sprint Product Ambassador

In the past, I did purchase a Smoothq Q handheld gimball stabilizer so I can do video taping using the cell phone.  Unfortunately, When the gimball device came, the software required to load on the laptop to configure and maintain the gimball device had a few spam software included.  I had to return the gimball device.

On the Galaxy Note 8, we can enable the video stabilizer function:Screenshot_20180115-135454 (800x389).jpgClickthe Settings Wheel on camera

Screenshot_20180115-135627 (800x389).jpgscroll down

Screenshot_20180115-135654 (800x389).jpgenable the Video stabilizer switch

I tried to do video taping of the same scene while walking with one having video stabilizer enabled and one is not.  I include the two videos here for your comparison.

without video stabilizer:

with video stabilizer

I think having video stabilizer will give good enough quality for my most videos even under walking condition.  I do not intend to do any video taping unless I am chased by a bear or something J, so that will be good enough for my video taping on my next trip.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.