cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Galaxy S10+ First Impression

Sprint Product Ambassador

Heart To start with, the surface area of the s10+ is smaller than that of the Galaxy Note 8 but the S10+ screen size is a bit bigger, see figure below:

IMG_0011.jpgLeft: S10+, Right: Note 8

Thanks to the infinity display design that Samsung came up with.  The hole for the front camera has not been a bother to me at all.  In fact, the software did make some adjustment to the screen to nullify the hole effect.  If you pull down the status bar, you will see the status starts below the hole, for example the setting wheel will appear below the camera hole on the screen. I am a bike rider and I have a small pocket on my jersey to store the phone, so I can listen to the music.  This S10+ makes it a lot easier for me to slide the phone in the pocket that the Note 8.

Heart The second notable point is the battery life.  I must say for a heavy user like I am, this is the first smart phone that truly lasts me for all day.  Most other phones I would call it a 2pm or 3pm phone.  For this Galaxy S10+ BY 2PM I still have something like 50% of juice on the pack.

Heart The third WOW factor is the camera, not just the number of cameras but the quality of the image and the software improvement is awesome.  The camera will deserve a lot of blogs as I am a camera freak.  One thing Samsung has improved a great deal on this camera is the Live Focus mode.  It is easy to take a Line Focus (Portrait) mode photo now.  On my Note 8, the camera took a little bit longer to have Live Focus ready and there are several scenarios where Live Focus was not possible.  Whereas on this S10+ I have not come across a scene that I could not take a Live Focus photo yet.

It has been a fun two weeks so far, and I must say several my friends have been envy with me…

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

Glad to see Samsung use of real estate is much better now with more display... Thanks Hung for the post!