cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Galaxy S8 Active and my favorite Bixby application

Sprint Product Ambassador

I must admit I do use “Ok Google” voice now and then and found it useful on while driving sometime.  I do not use it in public at all.

My initial experience with Bixby is not a good one.  Firstly it is so intrusive.  The button is at an awkward place.  If I try to mount the phone on a car holder, I would accidently activate Bixby, and several time if I hold the phone the wrong way, instead of power on I would activate Bixby.

However, I discovered one a very useful application for Bixby is to use it to turn on and off the flash light.  I use the flash light a lot, and it can be tedious that I have to power up the phone then find the flash light app, then switch it on.  Most of the time, when you need the flash light is when you are busy doing something.

So with Bixby, I can just press the Bixby button and tell the phone to “Turn on/off the flash light”:

20180124_071718 (389x800).jpgFlash light ON20180124_071723 (389x800).jpg

20180124_071659 (389x800).jpg20180124_071912 (389x800).jpg

OFF

With this application, Bixby has become my friendly app and I use it at least 3 or 4 times a day!

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.