cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Galaxy S8 Active, more on Exchange email

Sprint Product Ambassador

I usually store the contact of business partners in my computer outlook contact folder, without these contacts being synced on the phone making my phone to be half useful for my day to day work!  It took me a while to try different methods, finally I work out a recipe to get this contact sync working.

In order to have this outlook contact synced to the phone, I had to add also the Gmail work Exchange email onto Gmail.  I would still use the outlook Exchange client to view my email and calendar, but the Gmail exchange client would create the work Exchange contact list on the phone and being able to sync what I have on work outlook contact list onto the phone.

You just need to go into your Gmail setting, and add the outlook exchange.  Using the Exchange credentials and instruction provided by your company:

20180228_070356 (800x176).jpgclick the GMail top left BAR20180228_070550 (389x800).jpgselect Settings20180228_070722 (709x800).jpgClick Add Account

Screenshot_20180228-071842 (389x800).jpgselect Exchange...Screenshot_20180228-071935 (389x800).jpgEnter your email then select Manual...

Image1793865813 (389x800).jpguse your company instruction to fill in here

Please let me know if you have any issue or you have a better way doing this.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment
Journeyman

Thank you for your advice they have been helpful.